Information about Iloperidone
How iloperidone works
Iloperidone works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
Common side effects of iloperidone
Fatigue, Dry mouth, Sleepiness, Nasal congestion, Weight gain, Dizziness, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing).
Available Medicine for Iloperidone
- ₹54 to ₹72Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹36 to ₹74Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹20 to ₹28Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹4 to ₹390Zydus Cadila7 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹70Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd5 variant(s)
Expert advice for Iloperidone
- Avoid getting too cold, or becoming overheated or dehydrated as iloperidone may make you more sensitive to extreme temperature such as very hot or cold conditions.
- Drink plenty of fluids to maintain hydration, especially in hot weather and during exercise.
- Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position as you may feel dizzy while taking iloperidone. Get up slowly and steady yourself to prevent a fall.
- Do not start iloperidone if you have history of fits (seizures), stroke, paralysis or certain types of cancer (e.g. breast, pancreas or pituitary); reduced white blood cells (neutropenia) or count (leucopenia); low blood potassium or magnesium levels; high blood prolactin levels, heart, liver or kidney disease; diabetes, trouble in swallowing, memory disorder (dementia), Alzheimer disease (memory loss disorder), Parkinson disease (movement disorder), neuroleptic malignant syndrome (fever, altered mental status and muscle rigidity), suicidal thoughts.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery as iloperidone may make you feel sleepy or dizzy.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Iloperidone as it may worsen the side effects.
Frequently asked questions for Iloperidone
Q. What is iloperidone used for?
Iloperidone is used in adults to treat schizophrenia (psychiatric disorder with symptoms of emotional instability, detachment from reality, often with delusions and hallucinations, and withdrawal into the self).