Information about Escitalopram Oxalate
Escitalopram oxalate uses
Escitalopram Oxalate is used in the treatment of depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, phobia and post traumatic stress disorder.
How escitalopram oxalate works
Escitalopram Oxalate is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressant. It works by increasing the levels of serotonin, a chemical messenger in the brain. This improves mood and physical symptoms in depression and relieves symptoms of panic and obsessive disorders.
Common side effects of escitalopram oxalate
Low sexual desire, Delayed ejaculation, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Vomiting, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Nausea, Weight gain, Erectile dysfunction, Stomach upset
Available Medicine for Escitalopram Oxalate
- ₹48 to ₹135Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹48 to ₹135Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹48 to ₹135Lupin Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹48 to ₹135Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹47 to ₹135Abbott3 variant(s)
- ₹41 to ₹130La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹131Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹48 to ₹131USV Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹48 to ₹135Ipca Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹135Micro Labs Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Escitalopram Oxalate
- Escitalopram Oxalate effectively treats a variety of mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety, and panic disorders.
- It is one of the most well tolerated antidepressant.
- It can take 2-3 weeks for Escitalopram Oxalate to start working.
- It may cause lesser sexual dysfunction than other similar medications.
- Take it in the morning since it can keep you awake if taken late at night.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- The addiction/dependence potential of Escitalopram Oxalate is very less.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Escitalopram Oxalate
Q. Can I take Escitalopram Oxalate with coffee?
There is usually no significant effect of taking coffee with Escitalopram Oxalate but a very high quantity of consumption of coffee may cause restlessness and anxiety.
Q. Why does Escitalopram Oxalate cause nausea?
Escitalopram Oxalate increases the activity of serotonin, a chemical responsible for inducing vomiting.
Q. Does Escitalopram Oxalate cause hair loss?
There are some case reports of hair loss with the use of Escitalopram Oxalate. It is very infrequent and it usually stops after the discontinuation of the drug. It can be very distressing for a person, especially for the females. So a person should tell his doctor if he is having hair loss with the use of Escitalopram Oxalate.
Q. How to manage weight gain associated with the use of Escitalopram Oxalate?
There are reports that suggest that the use of Escitalopram Oxalate can cause weight gain. If you maintain good eating habits and exercise regularly, you might not gain any weight. An important point to remember is that it is easier to prevent weight gain than to lose increased weight.
Q. Can I stop taking Escitalopram Oxalate when my symptoms are relieved?
No, you should continue to take Escitalopram Oxalate even if you feel well. If you stop Escitalopram Oxalate suddenly, serious withdrawal symptoms may occur. Your doctor will probably decrease your dose gradually.
Q. Can the use of Escitalopram Oxalate cause sleepiness?
Yes, Escitalopram Oxalate can make you feel sleepy. At the beginning of your treatment: do not drive, operate machinery, work at heights, or participate in potentially dangerous activities, until you know how this medicine affects you.