food interaction for PIVASTA
alcohol interaction for PIVASTA
pregnancy interaction for PIVASTA
lactation interaction for PIVASTA
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PIVASTA
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for PIVASTA 1 MG TABLET
Patients taking PIVASTA 1 MG TABLET
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for PIVASTA
- PITAVA 1 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 9/tabletRs. 90pay 69% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for PIVASTA
- Take Pitavastatin only as prescribed by your doctor.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Pitavastatin, it may worsen the adverse effects of this medicine on the liver.
- Notify your doctor if you experience unexplained muscle pain or weakness, which can lead to serious kidney problems.
- Do not take Niacin with Pitavastatin. Niacin may increase Pitavastatin's side effects on the muscles, which can lead to serious kidney problems.
- Notify the doctor that you are taking this medicine before undergoing any kind of surgery.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or are planning to become pregnant during the administration of this medicine.
Frequently asked questions for PIVASTA
Q.Pitavastatin is superior to atorvastatin?
Pitavastatin and atorvastatin are different drugs belonging to the same class of HMG CoA reductase inhibitor (statins) and have the same mechanism of action. Their use in different conditions may vary depending upon individual response and therefore comparison between the two drugs cannot be drawn. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding their use.