Benidipine is used in the treatment of increased blood pressure
How it works
Benidipine is a calcium channel blocker. It blocks the action of calcium on the heart and blood vessels. This lowers the blood pressure, abnormally fast heartbeat and reduces strain on the heart following a heart attack.
Common side effects
Ankle swelling, Headache, Dizziness, Palpitations, Sleepiness, Nausea, Edema, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Fatigue, Abdominal pain
- ₹56 to ₹98Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹89 to ₹149Akumentis Healthcare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹234 to ₹414Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹85 to ₹145Alniche Life Sciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹75 to ₹99Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹145 to ₹280UTH Healthcare2 variant(s)
- ₹78J B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- Notify your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Benidipine can cause swelling in the ankle or feet. Notify your doctor if it bothers you.
- The missing dose of the Benidipine can cause your blood pressure to go up suddenly, which raises the risk of heart attack and stroke. You can take the medicine at the same time every day to avoid forgetting it.
- You may get a headache that lasts for a short time, after starting Benidipine. This should become less noticeable after a few days.
- Benidipine may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment.
- Swelling, bleeding or tenderness of gums may occur after starting the treatment. Brushing and flossing of teeth carefully and regularly may prevent this.