Information about Benidipine
Benidipine is used in the treatment of high blood pressure.
How benidipine works
Benidipine is a calcium channel blocker. It works by relaxing blood vessels which makes the heart more efficient at pumping blood throughout the body.
Common side effects of benidipine
Fatigue, Ankle swelling, Sleepiness, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Headache, Dizziness, Palpitations, Nausea, Edema (swelling), Abdominal pain
Available Medicine for Benidipine
- ₹65 to ₹297Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹97Akumentis Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹145 to ₹280UTH Healthcare2 variant(s)
- ₹78 to ₹138J B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹65Vitabolik Pharma1 variant(s)
- ₹56 to ₹98Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹75Lloyd Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹77El-Dorado Bio-Tech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹35 to ₹60Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹80Ajanta Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Benidipine
- It is very common to have dizziness, lightheadedness, swelling ankles/feet, flushing, or a headache as a side effect.
- To lower your risk of dizziness and lightheadedness, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Inform your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if it worsens (for example, your blood pressure readings remain high or increase, chest pain continues or worsens).
- Inform your doctor immediately if any of these serious side effects occur: fast/irregular/pounding heartbeat, fainting.
- Use this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same time each day. It is important to continue taking this medication even if you feel well.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not double the dose.