Information about Benidipine
How Benidipine works
Benidipine is a calcium channel blocker. It regulates the blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessels and reducing the pressure on them, thereby making it easier for the heart to pump more blood throughout the body. In this way, it normalizes the blood pressure in patients with high blood pressure.
Common side effects of Benidipine
Fatigue, Ankle swelling, Sleepiness, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Headache, Dizziness, Palpitations, Nausea, Edema (swelling), Abdominal pain
Available Medicine for Benidipine
InzitEris Lifesciences Ltd
₹99 to ₹1312 variant(s)
BenitowaAkumentis Healthcare Ltd
₹106 to ₹1792 variant(s)
BenipackKoye Pharmaceuticals Pvt ltd
₹40 to ₹2973 variant(s)
BengreatMankind Pharma Ltd
₹46 to ₹792 variant(s)
BenlongMicro Labs Ltd
₹85 to ₹1072 variant(s)
₹145 to ₹2802 variant(s)
BenidinLloyd Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹54 to ₹972 variant(s)
BenifloAjanta Pharma Ltd
₹80 to ₹2264 variant(s)
BenihypJ B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹78 to ₹1382 variant(s)
BenibuzAlniche Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
₹85 to ₹1452 variant(s)
Expert advice for Benidipine
- You have been prescribed Benidipine to improve your blood pressure and/or to reduce the number and severity of angina attacks.
- Lowering blood pressure reduces the chance of future heart attack and stroke.
- Take it at the same time every day to help you remember to take it.
- A sudden drop in your blood pressure may occur, especially when you first start taking Benidipine. To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- It can cause ankle or foot swelling. To reduce the swelling, raise your legs while you are sitting down. Talk to your doctor if it does not go away.
- It may cause dizziness. Do not drive or perform any activity that requires mental focus until you know how Benidipine affects you.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding.