Medicine Overview of Piraldina Tablet
Uses of Piraldina Tablet
Piraldina 750mg Tablet is used in the treatment of tuberculosis.
Side effects of Piraldina Tablet
Jaundice, Hepatitis (viral infection of liver), Increased liver enzymes, Joint pain.
How to use Piraldina Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Piraldina 750mg Tablet with food.
How Piraldina Tablet works
Piraldina 750mg tablet is an antibiotic. It works by slowing the growth of bacteria that causes tuberculosis.
In Depth Information on Piraldina Tablet
Expert advice for Piraldina Tablet
- Avoid alcoholic beverages while taking this drug.
- Do not have any immunizations/vaccinations while using this medication without the consent of your doctor.
- Contact your doctor immediately if you experience symptoms such as persistent nausea, vomiting, feeling of discomfort (malaise) or jaundice (abnormal liver function causing yellowing of skin and eyes) while taking pyrazinamide. It indicates that you are developing liver disease.
- Constant monitoring of liver function (especially levels of enzymes aspartate transferase [AST] and alanine transferase [ALT]) and blood uric acid levels is advised while on treatment with pyrazinamide.
- Do consult your doctor before taking pyrazinamide if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- Do not use pyrazinamide, if you are breast-feeding.
- Do not stop taking pyrazinamide without consulting your doctor.
- If you forget to take a dose of pyrazinamide, take it as soon as you remember. Do not double the dose to make up for the missed dose.
- Do consult your doctor if you are taking oral contraceptive medications (hormonal birth control pills) for birth control. Your doctor may ask you to use other means of birth control (eg. condom, diaphragm with spermicide) to prevent pregnancy while taking pyrazinamide.
Special precautions for Piraldina 750mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Piraldina 750mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Piraldina 750mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactat+more
ion. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
It is not known whether Piraldina 750mg Tablet alters the ab+more
ility to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
Piraldina 750mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Piraldina 750mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Kidney function tests are advised before you start taking this medicine....
Kidney function tests are advised before you start taking this medicine.
Piraldina 750mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Piraldina 750mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Regular monitoring of liver function tests is advised before and after the start of the treatment....
Regular monitoring of liver function tests is advised before and after the start of the treatment.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Louric 100mg Tablet, Piloric 300mg Tablet, Zylotis 100mg Tablet, Piloric 100mg Tablet
If you miss a dose of Pyrazinamide, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Piraldina 750mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Pyrazinamide
Piraldina is an antibiotic. It is used in combination with other antibiotics in the treatment of tuberculosis
Piraldina is both a bacteriostatic and a bactericidal antibiotic. It stops the growth of bacteria (bacteriostatic) in certain cases and kills (bactericidal) the tuberculosis causing bacteria in other cases
Piraldina kills or stops growth of bacteria that causes tuberculosis (Mycobacterium tuberculosis). The exact mechanism of action for Piraldina is not known
Following oral intake of Piraldina, it gets converted in the body to pyrazinoic acid (active chemical form of Piraldina). Pyrazinoic acid blocks the excretion of urates (salt form of uric acid) by the kidneys. This causes an increase in blood levels of uric acid (hyperuricemia). Excess uric acid accumulation between joints causes pain, swelling, redness and stiffness in joints (gout).
Substitutes for Piraldina Tablet
Pyralin 750mg Tablet
Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Macrozide 750mg Tablet
Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Pyzina 750mg Tablet
P-Zide 750mg Tablet
Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Pza Ciba 750mg Tablet
Novartis India Ltd