Information about Enoxaparin
Enoxaparin is used in the treatment and prevention of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism. It is also used in a heart attack.
How enoxaparin works
Enoxaparin is an anticoagulant that prevents the formation of harmful blood clots.
Common side effects of enoxaparin
Bleeding, Injection site reaction
Available Medicine for Enoxaparin
- ₹310 to ₹3140Bharat Serums & Vaccines Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹400 to ₹602Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹369 to ₹806Abbott4 variant(s)
- ₹461 to ₹760Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹350 to ₹610Gland Pharma Limited4 variant(s)
- ₹288 to ₹558Lupin Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹508 to ₹581Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹285 to ₹564Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹290Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹325 to ₹570Zuventus Healthcare Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Enoxaparin
- For best results, take Enoxaparin at the same time every day.
- Enoxaparin should be injected under the skin of the abdomen.
- Enoxaparin increases your risk of bleeding. Be careful while shaving, cutting fingernails or toenails, or using sharp objects.
- Does not require regular blood tests.
- Notify your doctor if there is bleeding from gums, nose, or wounds that last more than 15 minutes, or if blood appears in urine, stool or vomit.
- Do not discontinue use without consulting your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Enoxaparin
Q. Does it dissolve clots?
It does not dissolve existing clots
Q. Is Enoxaparin a biosimilar?
Yes, Enoxaparin is also available as biosmilar
Q. Is enoxaparin the same as heparin or lovenox?
Enoxaparin is not the same as heparin but both are used for similar indication. Lovenox is the brand name of enoxaparin
Q. Does it come in pill form?
It does not come in pill form
Q. Can I take paracetamol or ibuprofen with enoxaparin?
Enoxaparin is known to interact with paracetamol and ibuprofen and so should be taken only if prescribed by your doctor
Q. Is Enoxaparin affect INR/ PTT/APTT/platelets?
Enoxaparin increases the INR values (International normalized ratio; defines how long it takes for blood to clot when on anticoagulant therapy versus normal time) Partial thromboplastin time (PTT) or activated PTT (APTT) or platelets are not affected by Enoxaparin.
Q. Is Enoxaparin an anti-platelet, blood thinner/anticoagulant?
Enoxaparin is an anticoagulant which does not allow blood to clot thus acting as a blood thinner but it is not anti-platelet
Q. Is Enoxaparin dialyzable?
No, it is not dialyzable
Q. Does Enoxaparin contain pork?
Enoxaparin is manufactured using pork intestine
Q. Does Enoxaparin have to be refrigerated?
Enoxaparin should not be refrigerated
Q. Does it contain benzyl alcohol?
It does contain benzyl alcohol
Q. Does Enoxaparin make you tired?
Enoxaparin is not known to cause tiredness as a side effect. Please consult the doctor when any side effects are observed while taking Enoxaparin