Information about Enoxaparin
Enoxaparin is used to prevent blood clots. It prevents the formation of blood clots in the legs, lungs, brain or heart.
How enoxaparin works
Enoxaparin is an anticoagulant. It works by inactivating certain blood-clotting proteins. This prevents the formation of blood clots and prevents blockages in the blood vessels of the body.
Common side effects of enoxaparin
Bleeding, Low blood platelets, Increased liver enzymes, Anemia (low number of red blood cells)
Available Medicine for Enoxaparin
- ₹400 to ₹1177Sanofi India Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹310 to ₹3140Bharat Serums & Vaccines Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹400 to ₹602Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹369 to ₹806Abbott4 variant(s)
- ₹461 to ₹760Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹285 to ₹564Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹316 to ₹558Lupin Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹350 to ₹610Gland Pharma Limited4 variant(s)
- ₹508 to ₹581Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹290Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Enoxaparin
- You have been prescribed Enoxaparin for the prevention of blood clots.
- Unlike other similar medications, regular lab tests are not required.
- Enoxaparin increases your risk of bleeding. Be careful while shaving, cutting fingernails or toenails, or using sharp objects.
- Inform your doctor if you are also taking other medicines that increase the bleeding risk like aspirin and NSAIDs.
- Inform your doctor if there is bleeding from gums, nose or wounds that lasts more than 15 minutes or if blood appears in your urine, stool or vomit.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Enoxaparin
Q. Can the use of Enoxaparin increase the risk of bleeding?
Yes, Enoxaparin increases the risk of bleeding. Always be careful while doing activities that may cause an injury or bleeding. Tell your doctor immediately if you notice any abnormal bruising or bleeding.
Q. What medicines should I avoid while taking Enoxaparin?
Enoxaparin can interact with several medicines. Do not take any medicine without talking to your doctor.
Q. When will I feel better after taking Enoxaparin?
Enoxaparin reduces your risk of developing blood clots in the blood vessels of your leg, lungs, heart and brain. You may not feel any difference after taking Enoxaparin. However, keep taking this medicine as prescribed by your doctor because you will still be getting its full benefits.