Information about Dalteparin
Dalteparin is used in the treatment and prevention of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism. It is also used in a heart attack.
How dalteparin works
Dalteparin is an anticoagulant that prevents the formation of harmful blood clots.
Common side effects of dalteparin
Bleeding, Injection site reaction
Available Medicine for Dalteparin
- ₹353 to ₹678Pfizer Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹261 to ₹4400Gland Pharma Limited3 variant(s)
- ₹230 to ₹399United Biotech Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹228 to ₹518Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Dalteparin
- For best results, take Dalteparin at the same time every day.
- Dalteparin should be injected under the skin of the abdomen.
- Dalteparin increases your risk of bleeding. Be careful while shaving, cutting fingernails or toenails, or using sharp objects.
- Does not require regular blood tests.
- Notify your doctor if there is bleeding from gums, nose, or wounds that last more than 15 minutes, or if blood appears in urine, stool or vomit.
- Do not discontinue use without consulting your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Dalteparin
Q. Is Dalteparin an anticoagulant/ a LMWH?
Dalteparin is an anticoagulant drug which belongs to class of medications called low molecular weight heparins.