Information about Dalteparin
How Dalteparin works
Dalteparin is an anticoagulant that prevents the formation of harmful blood clots.
Common side effects of Dalteparin
Bleeding, Injection site reaction
Expert advice for Dalteparin
- You have been prescribed Dalteparin for the treatment and prevention of blood clots.
- Dalteparin increases your risk of bleeding. Be careful while shaving, using sharp objects or cutting fingernails or toenails.
- Inform your doctor if you are also taking other medicines that increase the bleeding risk like aspirin and NSAIDs.
- Inform your doctor if there is bleeding from gums, nose or wounds that lasts more than 15 minutes or if blood appears in your urine, stool or vomit.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.