Medicine Overview of Pamidria Injection
Uses of Pamidria Injection
Pamidria 60mg Injection is used in the treatment of osteoporosis.
Side effects of Pamidria Injection
Headache, Abdominal distension, Acid reflux, Abdominal pain, Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Difficulty in swallowing, Dyspepsia, Flatulence, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Esophageal ulcer.
How to use Pamidria Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Pamidria Injection works
Pamidria 60mg injection inhibits the activity of osteoclasts, cells that cause loss of bone.
In Depth Information on Pamidria Injection
Expert advice for Pamidria Injection
- Consult your doctor if you have any of the following medical conditions: heart problems, liver/kidney/thyroid disorders; low levels of platelets and red blood cells; calcium or vitamin D deficiency; teeth or jaw problems or flu like conditions.
- Consult your doctor if you are taking medicines such as calcitonin, thalidomide, other bisphosphonate drugs, or medicines used to treat kidney problems.
- Keep yourself hydrated while being treated with pamidronate.
- Be careful with your dental hygiene; avoid dental extraction or other invasive dental procedures while on pamidronate therapy.
- Pamidronate may cause bone loss in the jaw (osteonecrosis of the jaw leading to jaw pain, swelling, numbness, loose teeth, gum infection, or slow healing after injury or surgery involving the gums). Stop using the medicine if you develop any such reaction.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery as you can feel dizzy after taking this drug.
Special precautions for Pamidria 60mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Pamidria 60mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Pamidria 60mg Injection is probably safe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.+more
If you are taking Pamidria 60mg Injection during breastfeeding, monitor baby's blood calcium levels during the first two months....
If you are taking Pamidria 60mg Injection during breastfeeding, monitor baby's blood calcium levels during the first two months.
Pamidria 60mg Injection may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tir+more
ed, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Pamidria 60mg Injection is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Caution to be advised in patients with impaired renal function. Contraindicated in severe renal impairment....
Caution to be advised in patients with impaired renal function. Contraindicated in severe renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Genticyn 80mg Injection, Jectocos 50mg Injection, Acmacin 100mg Injection, Amicom 250mg Injection
If you miss a dose of Pamidronate, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Pamidria 60mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Pamidronate
Pamidria works by decreasing the level of calcium released into the blood by bones, thereby preventing calcium excess in the body
Yes. Pamidria is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor. In case of any side-effects, please consult your doctor.
Substitutes for Pamidria Injection
Biodronate 60mg Injection
United Biotech Pvt Ltd