Information about Pamidronate
Pamidronate is used in the treatment of high calcium levels in the blood.
How pamidronate works
Pamidronate is a bisphosphonate. It acts by suppressing the activity of osteoclasts, cells that cause the destruction of bone, thereby strengthening the bones and minimizing the risk of fractures.
Common side effects of pamidronate
Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Headache, Heartburn, Difficulty in swallowing
Available Medicine for Pamidronate
- ₹1315 to ₹3839United Biotech Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹1800 to ₹3265Cipla Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹1830 to ₹3000Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹4200 to ₹5220Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹2390 to ₹3490Health Biotech Limited2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Pamidronate
- Take Pamidronate in the morning on an empty stomach with water.
- Do not eat or drink for 30 minutes after taking Pamidronate.
- Maintain an upright posture for 30 minutes after taking Pamidronate.
- Inform your doctor if you experience pain in jaw, throat, chest, abdomen, hips or thighs.
- Inform your doctor if you are about to undergo any major dental procedures, as Pamidronate may need to be discontinued temporarily.
Frequently asked questions for Pamidronate
Q. How does Pamidronate work?
Pamidronate works by decreasing the level of calcium released into the blood by bones, thereby preventing calcium excess in the body
Q. Is Pamidronate safe?
Yes. Pamidronate is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor. In case of any side-effects, please consult your doctor.