Information about Netilmicin
Netilmicin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How netilmicin works
Netilmicin is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of netilmicin
Ototoxicity, Kidney damage
Available Medicine for Netilmicin
- ₹33 to ₹379Zuventus Healthcare Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹33 to ₹420Cipla Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹97 to ₹424United Biotech Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹47 to ₹352Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹212 to ₹389Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹30 to ₹260Akumentis Healthcare Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹263Fulford India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹239 to ₹355Excella Life Sciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹27 to ₹348Vhb Life Sciences Inc3 variant(s)
- ₹59 to ₹99Ikon Remedies Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Netilmicin
- Your doctor has prescribed Netilmicin to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- It is given as an injection into muscle, vein, or drip (infusion) into vein.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Netilmicin may cause dizziness.
- Your doctor may get regular blood, urine, or hearing tests while you are on this medication.
- Your doctor will ensure that you are well hydrated before and during treatment with this medicine.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive, or breastfeeding.
- Discontinue Netilmicin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
Frequently asked questions for Netilmicin
Q. How long does Netilmicin takes to work?
Usually, Netilmicin starts working soon after taking it. However, it may take some days to kill all the harmful bacteria and make you feel better.
Q. What if I don't get better after using Netilmicin?
Inform your doctor if you don't feel better after finishing the full course of treatment. Your doctor may increase the dose of Netilmicin or switch you to an alternate option, which may work for you. Also, inform him if your symptoms are getting worse while using this medicine.
Q. Can I stop taking Netilmicin if I feel better?
No, do not stop taking Netilmicin and complete the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured.