food interaction for PALOCIT
alcohol interaction for PALOCIT
pregnancy interaction for PALOCIT
lactation interaction for PALOCIT
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PALOCIT
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PALOCIT
- CITALIN 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Linux LaboratoriesRs. 7.40/tabletRs. 74save 81% more per tablet
- CIPAM S 10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Tas Med India Pvt LtdRs. 7/tabletRs. 70save 82% more per tablet
- CITARA 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.55/tabletRs. 35.50save 91% more per tablet
- C PRAM 10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 2.83/tabletRs. 28.35save 93% more per tablet
- CITALENT 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Talent HealthcareRs. 3.90/tabletRs. 39save 90% more per tablet
- Dr. Kanika MehrotraMBBS
- Dr. Samir ParikhMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Anurag MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Deepak RahejaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Puneet DwevediMBBS, MD
Expert advice for PALOCIT
- Take Citalopram as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not increase or decrease the dose without consulting the doctor.
- You may have to take Citalopram at least for 1 to 4 weeks or longer before you begin to feel better.
- Do not discontinue the use of Citalopram, unless the doctor has advised you. This may increase the chances of side effects.
- Do not take Citalopram within 14 days of taking MAO-Inhibitor (antidepressant drugs), as you may develop increased blood pressure and convulsions.
- Avoid driving after taking Citalopram as it may cause drowsiness, dizziness and confusion.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Citalopram, it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- Notify your doctor if you feel unusually agitated, irritable, or have thoughts about hurting or killing yourself.
Frequently asked questions for PALOCIT
Q.What citalopram used for?
Citalopram is used in the treatment of depression and panic disorder
Q.Does citalopram cause weight gain/ high blood pressure/ headaches?
Citalopram may cause certain side effects such as headaches, high blood pressure and rarely rapid weight gain
Q.Does citalopram contain monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI)?
Citalopram does not contain MAOI. However, citalopram should not be taken if a MAOI inhibitor is taken in the past 14 days, as it may cause dangerous drug interaction.