food interaction for OLVISOL
alcohol interaction for OLVISOL
pregnancy interaction for OLVISOL
lactation interaction for OLVISOL
medicine interaction for OLVISOL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR OLVISOL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR OLVISOL
- MONIT 30 MG TABLET SR(15 tablet sr in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4.57/tablet srRs. 68.59save 41% more per tablet sr
- NITROFIX 30 MG TABLET SR(10 tablet sr in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 4.77/tablet srRs. 47.67save 39% more per tablet sr
- ISONORM 30 TABLET SR(10 tablet sr in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 3.85/tablet srRs. 38.50save 51% more per tablet sr
- 5 MONO 30 MG TABLET SR(10 tablet sr in strip)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 3.96/tablet srRs. 39.60save 49% more per tablet sr
- NITROVAS 30 MG TABLET SR(10 tablet sr in strip)Veritaz Healthcare LtdRs. 2.67/tablet srRs. 26.67save 66% more per tablet sr
Expert advice FOR OLVISOL
- Do not drink alcohol.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as the drug can make you dizzy or drowzy.
Frequently asked questions FOR OLVISOL
Q. Is isosorbide mononitrate a beta blocker/ a blood thinner/ a calcium channel blocker/a statin /ace inhibitor/ a diuretic/ a narcotic?
No, isosorbide mononitrate is vasodilator. It is not a beta blocker, a blood thinner, a calcium channel blocker, ace inhibitor/ a diuretic or a statin. It is not a narcotic but narcotic symptoms may develop in some people
Q. Does isosorbide mononitrate cause erectile dysfunction (ed)/ lower blood pressure/hair loss?
Isosorbide mononitrate does not cause erectile dysfunction but should not be used with the drugs such as Viagra used to treat ED. Low blood pressure is a common side effect of isosorbide mononitrate. Hair loss is not common, but may occur in some especially in older (60+) females
Q. Can isosorbide mononitrate be crushed/ cut half/ be split?
Do not crush, split, cut half or chew the isosorbide mononitrate tablets. Its efficacy may get reduce. Always follow your doctor’s advice regarding its use
Q. Is isosorbide mononitrate the same as isosorbide dinitrate?
Isosorbide mononitrate is the active metabolite of isosorbide dinitrate and is primarily used in the management of chronic stable angina. It has high bioavailability and a longer half-life (4-6 hours) than isosorbide dinitrate
Q. Can i take paracetamol with isosorbide mononitrate?
No interactions are found for paracetamol with isosorbide mononitrate, but it does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult with your doctor or pharmacist
Q. Can isosorbide mononitrate get you high?
No, isosorbide mononitrate does not get you high
Q. Can isosorbide mononitrate be taken at night?
It is better to take isosorbide mononitrate in the morning during the time patients are active and leave them drug free during sleep.