Information about Isosorbide Mononitrate
Isosorbide mononitrate uses
Isosorbide Mononitrate is used in the treatment of Angina (heart-related chest pain).
How isosorbide mononitrate works
Isosorbide Mononitrate is a nitrate. It reduces the workload of the heart. As a result, the heart muscle does not need as much blood and oxygen supply.
Common side effects of isosorbide mononitrate
Headache, Dizziness, Increased heart rate, Flushing of face, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
Available Medicine for Isosorbide Mononitrate
- ₹156 to ₹196AstraZeneca2 variant(s)
- ₹64 to ₹108Abbott3 variant(s)
- ₹20 to ₹105Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹32 to ₹78Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹21 to ₹68Micro Labs Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹20 to ₹44Lupin Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹60Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹30 to ₹82Zydus Cadila3 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹57Stadmed Pvt Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹30 to ₹39Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Isosorbide Mononitrate
- Isosorbide Mononitrate may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Isosorbide Mononitrate as it may cause increased dizziness.
- It may cause headaches which usually go away after a few days of continued treatment. Inform your doctor if it persists.
- You may develop tolerance to Isosorbide Mononitrate with time, meaning that the same dose may be less effective next time. Follow the prescribed dosing schedule to avoid this.
- Stop taking sildenafil or Tadalafil like medication while on treatment with Isosorbide Mononitrate as it may cause low blood pressure.
Frequently asked questions for Isosorbide Mononitrate
Q. Can Isosorbide Mononitrate get you high?
No, Isosorbide Mononitrate does not get you high.
Q. Can I use paracetamol if I am already taking Isosorbide Mononitrate?
Yes, if prescribed by your doctor, paracetamol can be used while taking Isosorbide Mononitrate.