Information about Isosorbide Mononitrate
Isosorbide Mononitrate Uses
Isosorbide Mononitrate is used to prevent Angina (heart-related chest pain).
How Isosorbide Mononitrate works
Isosorbide Mononitrate is a nitrate. It reduces the workload of the heart. As a result, the heart muscle does not need as much blood and oxygen supply.
Common side effects of Isosorbide Mononitrate
Headache, Dizziness, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
Available Medicine for Isosorbide Mononitrate
₹156 to ₹2032 variant(s)
₹65 to ₹1093 variant(s)
MonotrateSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹21 to ₹1157 variant(s)
MonitIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹32 to ₹785 variant(s)
NitrofixMicro Labs Ltd
₹21 to ₹705 variant(s)
₹21 to ₹444 variant(s)
NatriemEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹46 to ₹592 variant(s)
₹30 to ₹813 variant(s)
IhdStadmed Pvt Ltd
₹19 to ₹566 variant(s)
Mono IsordilIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹30 to ₹392 variant(s)
Expert advice for Isosorbide Mononitrate
- You have been prescribed Isosorbide Mononitrate for the prevention and treatment of heart-related chest pain (angina).
- Eat healthy (low-fat, high-fiber, low-sodium diet), quit smoking, increase your physical activity, watch your weight and reduce stress.
- Isosorbide Mononitrate may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Isosorbide Mononitrate as it may cause increased dizziness.
- It may cause headaches which usually go away after a few days of continued treatment. Inform your doctor if it persists.
- You may develop tolerance to Isosorbide Mononitrate with time, meaning that the same dose may be less effective next time. Follow the prescribed dosing schedule to avoid this.
- Stop taking medications (prescribed for erectile dysfunction) like sildenafil or tadalafil while on treatment with Isosorbide Mononitrate as it may cause low blood pressure.