Information about Tadalafil
How tadalafil works
Tadalafil is a phosphodiesterase (PDE-5) inhibitor. In erectile dysfunction, it works by increasing blood flow to the penis by relaxing the muscles in penile blood vessels. In benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), it helps relax the muscles in the prostate gland and the bladder to relieve urinary symptoms.
Common side effects of tadalafil
Headache, Blurred vision, Muscle pain, Nasal congestion, Indigestion, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Nosebleeds
Available Medicine for Tadalafil
- ₹142 to ₹295Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹78 to ₹431Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹196Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹165Fourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹165Fourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹110 to ₹275Sanzyme Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹128 to ₹200Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹499 to ₹1996Lupin Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹302 to ₹566Cipla Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹83 to ₹248Zydus Cadila3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tadalafil
- You have been prescribed Tadalafil for the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
- It may also be used for treating the urinary symptoms of an enlarged prostate gland (benign prostatic hyperplasia).
- It is best to take it an hour before sexual intercourse. But, you can take it anytime between 30 minutes and 4 hours before sexual activity.
- Do not take it more than once a day.
- It may cause dizziness or blurred vision. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it can reduce your ability to get an erection and can make dizziness worse.
- Seek medical attention if the erection persists for more than 4 hours after sexual intercourse.
- Do not use Tadalafil if you have recently taken nitrates (medicines used in angina or chest pain), if you have had a heart attack in the past 3 months, or stroke or heart failure in the past 6 months.
Frequently asked questions for Tadalafil
Q. Can the use of Tadalafil affect fertility?
No, using Tadalafil does not affect fertility. It works by relaxing the muscles of penile blood vessels and has no effect on fertility.
Q. Do I need to avoid alcohol while taking Tadalafil?
Alcohol in small amounts may not cause any discomfort to you. However, drinking too much alcohol (5 units or greater) can increase your chances of getting a headache or feeling dizzy, increased heart rate or low blood pressure.
Q. Does Tadalafil delay ejaculation?
No, Tadalafil is not known to affect ejaculation. It is used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
Q. What are the symptoms that should prompt me to discontinue Tadalafil?
You should immediately consult your doctor if you experience sudden vision loss in one or both eyes, sudden decrease in hearing or hearing loss, ringing in ears and dizziness. Also, contact your doctor if you experience prolonged erections greater than 4 hours and painful erections greater than 6 hours in duration.