Information about Tadalafil
Tadalafil is used for erectile dysfunction.
How Tadalafil works
Tadalafil is a phosphodiesterase (PDE-5) inhibitor. In erectile dysfunction, it works by increasing blood flow to the penis by relaxing the muscles in penile blood vessels. In benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), it helps relax the muscles in the prostate gland and the bladder to relieve urinary symptoms.
Common side effects of Tadalafil
Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Headache, Muscle pain, Nasal congestion (stuffy nose), Back pain, Pain in extremities, Dyspepsia
Available Medicine for Tadalafil
MegalisMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹188 to ₹3912 variant(s)
ForzestSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹78 to ₹5652 variant(s)
ModulaSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
ED SaveFourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹39 to ₹2152 variant(s)
MildfilFourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹146 to ₹3323 variant(s)
TadactIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹155 to ₹2652 variant(s)
₹548 to ₹21923 variant(s)
₹383 to ₹6843 variant(s)
₹83 to ₹2723 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tadalafil
- You have been prescribed Tadalafil for the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
- It is best to take it an hour before sexual intercourse. But, you can take it anytime between 30 minutes and 4 hours before sexual activity.
- Do not take it more than once a day.
- It may also be used for treating the urinary symptoms of an enlarged prostate gland (benign prostatic hyperplasia).
- It may cause dizziness or blurred vision. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it can reduce your ability to get an erection and can make dizziness worse.
- Seek medical attention if the erection persists for more than 4 hours after sexual intercourse.
- Do not use Tadalafil if you have recently taken nitrates (medicines used in angina or chest pain), if you have had a heart attack in the past 3 months, or stroke or heart failure in the past 6 months.