food interaction for OBSENIL
alcohol interaction for OBSENIL
pregnancy interaction for OBSENIL
lactation interaction for OBSENIL
medicine interaction for OBSENIL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR OBSENIL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR OBSENIL
- CLONIL 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.45/tabletRs. 24.47pay 40% more per tablet
- CLOFRANIL 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 2.45/tabletRs. 24.46pay 40% more per tablet
- CLOMILENT 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Talent HealthcareRs. 2.10/tabletRs. 21pay 20% more per tablet
- OBNIL 10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)A N PharmaciaRs. 1.91/tabletRs. 19.05pay 9% more per tablet
- CLOMIDEP 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Triko PharmaceuticalsRs. 2.29/tabletRs. 22.86pay 31% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR OBSENIL
- Do not start or continue clomipramine tablets, if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to tricyclic antidepressants, clomipramine or any of the other ingredients of clomipramine medication.
- Do not take clomipramine if you have history of suicide-related events.
- Avoid using clomipramine if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Advice care givers to monitor the patient carefully.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of following disease conditions: heart disorders, serotonin syndrome, fits (convulsions), increased pressure inside the eye causing visual problems (narrow angle glaucoma), urinary retention, liver disease, and chronic constipation.
Frequently asked questions FOR OBSENIL
Q. Is clomipramine safe?
Clomipramine is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is clomipramine a MAOI/anticholinergic/benzodiazepine/SSRI/narcotic?
Clomipramine is tricyclic antidepressant. It treats depression through inhibiting the neuronal re-uptake of chemical substances present in the brain called noradrenaline and mainly serotonin (SSRI). It is not MAOI/anticholinergic/benzodiazepine/narcotic
Q. Is clomipramine a controlled substance?
No, it is not a controlled substance
Q. Is clomipramine addictive?
Clomipramine is not addictive if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Can I take paracetamol/diazepam/5htp with clomipramine?
Taking other medicines may alter the effects of clomipramine. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q. Does clomipramine cause weight loss/weight gain/make you sleepy/cause constipation/affect fertility?
Clomipramine may cause these side effects; effect on fertility is very rare side effect. However, consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects
Q. Does clomipramine help premature ejaculation?
Clomipramine effectively increases ejaculatory latency in men with primary premature ejaculation, while treatment is not effective in those with premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction
Q. Does clomipramine work for obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)?
Yes, clomipramine is used for obsessive-compulsive disorder. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.