Information about Clomipramine
Clomipramine is used in the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder. It is used in patients intolerant of or unresponsive to alternative treatment options for depression.
How Clomipramine works
Clomipramine is a tricyclic antidepressant. It increases the levels of chemical messengers in the brain that help in regulating the mood and treat depression.
Common side effects of Clomipramine
Altered libido, Constipation, Dryness in mouth, Aggravation of depression, Agitation, Anxiety, Blurred vision, Delirium (acute confusional state), Dizziness, ECG changes, Erectile dysfunction, Fatigue, Headache, Hypomania, Increased appetite, Nausea, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Palpitations, Ringing in ear, Sleep disorder, Sweating, Tremors, Weight gain, Confusion, Hallucination, Mania, Micturition disorders, Altered blood sugar level
Available Medicine for Clomipramine
ClonilIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹28 to ₹2234 variant(s)
ClofranilSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹61 to ₹1614 variant(s)
₹25 to ₹1484 variant(s)
₹56 to ₹1453 variant(s)
₹25 to ₹953 variant(s)
ClomOrchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd
ClomistarGentech Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹49 to ₹1073 variant(s)
CloclamAurum Life Science Pvt Ltd
₹56 to ₹842 variant(s)
ClomivonShine Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹35 to ₹602 variant(s)
Expert advice for Clomipramine
- It may take 4 to 6 weeks for Clomipramine to start working. Keep taking it as prescribed.
- It may cause sleepiness. Take it at bedtime and do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Clomipramine as it may cause excessive sleepiness.
- Monitor your weight during the treatment as this medicine can cause weight gain and increased appetite.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.