food interaction for NITROFEN
alcohol interaction for NITROFEN
pregnancy interaction for NITROFEN
lactation interaction for NITROFEN
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for NITROFEN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for NITROFEN
- NITROSUN 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 2.80/tabletRs. 28pay 125% more per tablet
- NITRAVET 5 MG TABLET(15 tablet in strip)Anglo-French Drugs & Industries LtdRs. 2.78/tabletRs. 41.66pay 123% more per tablet
- NITCALM 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Icon Life SciencesRs. 2.80/tabletRs. 28pay 125% more per tablet
- NITE 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Talent HealthcareRs. 2.90/tabletRs. 29pay 133% more per tablet
- NITAB 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mova Pharmaceutical Pvt LtdRs. 2.59/tabletRs. 25.90pay 108% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for NITROFEN
- Do not start or continue nitrazepam, if you are allergic to nitrazepam or benzodiazepine, or to any of the other ingredients in nitrazepam.
- Do not take nitrazepam, if you have lung disease, difficulty breathing while awake or asleep, myasthenia gravis (neuromuscular disease characterized by very weak muscles and unusual tiredness).
- Do not take nitrazepam, if you have severe mental problems and personality disorders; or if you are addicted to alcohol or other recreational drugs.
- Avoid using nitrazepam, if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breast-feeding.
- Do not drive, operate heavy machinery, or do other skilled activites as nitrazepam can cause sedation, memory loss, and impair concentration, alertness and muscle function.
- Remember that you may experience dose-related side-effects when treatment with nitrazepam is started, especially if you are elderly. These are likely to disappear as you continue the use.
- Long-term use of nitrazepam can make you dependent on it, such that you feel the compulsion to use it often, and at an increased dose.
Frequently asked questions for NITROFEN
Q.Is nitrazepam a controlled drug?
Nitrazepam has a high potential for dependence and addiction when used at high doses and for long periods. Hence, its sale is controlled, so that it is available strictly as per the prescription of doctor
Q.Is nitrazepam legal in Singapore or is nitrazepam a controlled drug in Singapore?
Nitrazepam is a controlled drug. Use of nitrazepam is restricted to forbidden in Singapore
Q.Is nitrazepam the same as diazepam or is nitrazepam the same as Valium?
Nitrazepam and diazepam (Valium) both belongs to the class of medicines called benzodiazepine, but both are different as regards the duration of action and the diseases they treat
Q.Is nitrazepam a benzodiazepine?
Yes, nitrazepam is a benzodiazepine
Q.Is nitrazepam stronger than temazepam?
Nitrazepam and temazepam are both used to treat sleeplessness. The effects of nitrazepam last longer, whereas temazepam acts for a shorter duration. Day time sleepiness is therefore common with nitrazepam
Q.Is nitrazepam strong?
Nitrazepam can treat sleeplessness and its effects last for a long time, and therefore it can cause daytime sleepiness. In terms of side-effects, it is similar to other drugs of its class
Q.Is nitrazepam a sleeping tablet does nitrazepam help you sleep or what does nitrazepam treat?
Yes, nitrazepam is a sleeping tablet
Q.Can I take nitrazepam with amitriptyline or diazepam or paracetamol?
Nitrazepam when taken with amitriptyline can cause excessive sedation. It is not to be used with diazepam. It can be safely used with paracetamol
Q.Does nitrazepam work?
Nitrazepam belongs to a group of medication called benzodiazepine. It works by affecting the way certain brain chemicals (neurotransmitters called GABA) transmit messages, which calms the brain, resulting in sleepiness and relaxation. It works in individuals who have severe and diabling sleeplessness that causes distress
Q.Does nitrazepam cause weight gain?
No, nitrazepam does not cause weight gai
Q.Does nitrazepam get you high?
Nitrazepam has a calming effect on the brain which may be perceived by some individuals as ‘high’
Q.Does nitrazepam help with anxiety?
Yes, nitrazepam helps with anxiety
Q.How long does nitrazepam stay in your system?
Nitrazepam stays in the body for at least 30 hours after a single dose. The duration can increase as it accumulates in the body on repeated use.