Information about Clozapine
Clozapine is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
How clozapine works
Clozapine is an atypical antipsychotics. It works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affects thoughts.
Common side effects of clozapine
Sleepiness, Dizziness, Headache, Tremor, Increased saliva production, Increased sweating, Dryness in mouth, Visual disturbance, Increased heart rate, Decreased blood pressure, Fainting, Constipation, Nausea, Fever
Available Medicine for Clozapine
- ₹26 to ₹175Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹26 to ₹174Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹26 to ₹82Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹174Alkem Laboratories Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹24 to ₹75Tripada Healthcare Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹24 to ₹136Icon Life Sciences5 variant(s)
- ₹24 to ₹70La Pharmaceuticals3 variant(s)
- ₹24 to ₹140Arinna Lifescience Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹24 to ₹76Nusearch Organic2 variant(s)
- ₹21 to ₹61Reliance Formulation Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Clozapine
- Clozapine helps treat schizophrenia in people for whom other medicines are ineffective or not tolerated.
- Take it with or without food, preferably at the same time everyday.
- It can cause dizziness and sleepiness. Be cautious while driving or doing anything that requires concentration.
- It may cause low blood pressure and dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids and rise slowly from a sitting or lying position.
- It may increase your weight, blood sugar and cholesterol. Eat healthy, exercise regularly and monitor your blood levels regularly.
- Your doctor may get regular blood tests done to monitor your blood cells during treatment with this medicine. Inform your doctor immediately if you notice any signs of infection such as fever, sore throat or rash.
- Do not stop taking Clozapine without talking to your doctor first as it may cause worsening of symptoms.