Information about Nitrazepam
Nitrazepam is used in the treatment of insomnia.
How Nitrazepam works
Nitrazepam is a benzodiazepine. It works by increasing the action of a chemical messenger (GABA) which suppresses the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of Nitrazepam
Dizziness, Sedation, Drowsiness, Unsteadiness, Impaired coordination
Available Medicine for Nitrazepam
NitrosunSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹40 to ₹542 variant(s)
NitravetAnglo-French Drugs & Industries Ltd
₹55 to ₹932 variant(s)
₹31 to ₹422 variant(s)
TrinitTripada Healthcare Pvt Ltd
NitcalmIcon Life Sciences
₹35 to ₹402 variant(s)
NitabMova Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd
₹31 to ₹493 variant(s)
NapShine Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹12 to ₹203 variant(s)
₹20 to ₹282 variant(s)
SoporA N Pharmacia
₹24 to ₹412 variant(s)
NtpDial Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹28 to ₹952 variant(s)
Expert advice for Nitrazepam
- If you are taking Nitrazepam for the treatment of insomnia, it should not be used for more than 4 weeks.
- Take it 30 to 45 minutes before bedtime and only when you have time to sleep for at least 7 hours.
- The addiction / habit-forming potential of this medicine is very high. Take it only as per the dose and duration advised by your doctor
- It may cause dizziness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol as it may increase dizziness and drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- If you have been taking this medicine for a long time, regular monitoring of blood and liver functions may be required.
- Inform your doctor if you notice a rash or other skin changes such as reddish spots or circular patches while taking this medicine.
- Do not stop taking medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as that may lead to nausea, anxiety, agitation, flu-like symptoms, sweating, tremor, and confusion.