food interaction for NILDEP
alcohol interaction for NILDEP
pregnancy interaction for NILDEP
lactation interaction for NILDEP
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for NILDEP
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for NILDEP
- ELDEP 50MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Psychotropics India LtdRs. 2.50/tabletRs. 25pay 31% more per tablet
- DEPRID 50MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sigmund PromedicaRs. 1.75/tabletRs. 17.52save 8% more per tablet
- ANTIPRES 50MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)PsycormediesRs. 1.70/tabletRs. 17save 11% more per tablet
- DEPRID 50MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Consern Pharma P LtdRs. 1.73/tabletRs. 17.25save 9% more per tablet
- DIMIP 50MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)D D PharmaceuticalsRs. 1.90/tabletRs. 19same price
- Dr. Neha Bansal
- Dr. Anurag MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Deepak RahejaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Rahul ChandhokMBBS, MD
- Dr. Jyoti Kapoor MadanMBBS, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for NILDEP
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: heart disease such as irregular heartbeats, heart block or have recently had heart attack diabetes, high blood pressure, heart failure or have had a heart attack, or condition that affects your adrenal glands; periods of increased and exaggerated behavior (mania); severe liver disease, or suffering with porphyria (a genetic disorder of the red blood cells hemoglobin causing skin blisters, abdominal pain and brain/nervous system disorders).
- Take special precautions and consult your doctor while taking imipramine if you are not able to pass urine, or have increased pressure in the eye (glaucoma).
Frequently asked questions for NILDEP
Q.Is imipramine a monoamine oxidase inhibitor/ anticholinergic/ tricyclic antidepressant/benzodiazepine?
Imipramine belongs to a class of medication called tricyclic antidepressants. It is not a monoamine oxidase inhibitor/ anticholinergic/ benzodiazepine
Q.Is imipramine addictive?
No, imipramine is not addictive
Q.Is imipramine sedative?
It had sedative effect, due to its antihistaminergic effect
Q.Is imipramine good for anxiety?
Yes, imipramine may be used for the treatment of anxiety (panic disorder).