Information about Imipramine
Imipramine is used in the treatment of depression and bed-wetting. It is used in patients intolerant of or unresponsive to other treatment options for depression.
How Imipramine works
Imipramine is a tricyclic antidepressant. It increases the levels of chemical messengers in the brain that help in regulating the mood and treat depression.
Common side effects of Imipramine
Blurred vision, Constipation, Difficulty in urination, Dryness in mouth, Increased heart rate, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
Available Medicine for Imipramine
AntidepTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹11 to ₹322 variant(s)
DepsolIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹8 to ₹293 variant(s)
ElaminBaroda Pharma Pvt Ltd
₹8 to ₹212 variant(s)
₹9 to ₹242 variant(s)
₹8 to ₹232 variant(s)
ShiminShine Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹8 to ₹282 variant(s)
EldepPsychotropics India Ltd
₹8 to ₹253 variant(s)
KidepKivi Labs Ltd
Expert advice for Imipramine
- Imipramine is used for the treatment of depression and bedwetting in children.
- The main dose should be taken at night as this medicine may produce drowsiness or sleepiness.
- You may be asked for regular blood tests to monitor the blood cell count or level of sodium and sugar in the blood.
- Inform your doctor if you notice behavioral changes, mood changes and suicidal thoughts while taking this medicine.
- Do not drive or do anything that requires concentration until you know how this medicine affects you.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.