Information about Imipramine
Imipramine is used to treat depression and night time bed wetting in children.. It is used in patients intolerant of or unresponsive to alternative treatment options for depression.
How imipramine works
Imipramine increases the levels of chemical messengers in the brain that help in regulating the mood and treat depression.
Common side effects of imipramine
Constipation, Weight gain, Dryness in mouth, Difficulty in urination, Increased heart rate, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
Available Medicine for Imipramine
- ₹10Abbott1 variant(s)
- ₹10 to ₹30Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹57Abbott1 variant(s)
- ₹8 to ₹27Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹8 to ₹22Baroda Pharma Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹9 to ₹25Talent India2 variant(s)
- ₹8 to ₹24La Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
- ₹8 to ₹25Psychotropics India Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹8 to ₹29Shine Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹8Kivi Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
Frequently asked questions for Imipramine
Q. Is Imipramine a monoamine oxidase inhibitor/ anticholinergic/ tricyclic antidepressant/benzodiazepine?
Imipramine belongs to a class of medication called tricyclic antidepressants. It is not a monoamine oxidase inhibitor/ anticholinergic/ benzodiazepine
Q. Is Imipramine addictive?
No, Imipramine is not addictive
Q. Is Imipramine sedative?
It had sedative effect, due to its antihistaminergic effect
Q. Is Imipramine good for anxiety?
Yes, Imipramine may be used for the treatment of anxiety (panic disorder).