food interaction for NEVIMAT
alcohol interaction for NEVIMAT
pregnancy interaction for NEVIMAT
lactation interaction for NEVIMAT
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for NEVIMAT
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for NEVIMAT
- NEVIMUNE 200 MG TABLET(60 tablets in bottle)Cipla LtdRs. 13.94/tabletRs. 836.64save 2% more per tablet
- NEVIR 200MG TABLET(60 tablets in bottle)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 13.68/tabletRs. 820.76save 4% more per tablet
- NEVIMUNE 200 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 13.94/tabletRs. 139.44save 2% more per tablet
- NEVIPAN 200MG TABLET(60 tablets in bottle)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 14.17/tabletRs. 850save 1% more per tablet
- NEVIREX 200MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Veritaz Healthcare LtdRs. 14.25/tabletRs. 142.50same price
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for NEVIMAT
- Do not start or continue nevirapine, if you are allergic to nevirapine, or to any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- Do not start or continue nevirapine, if you have severe skin rash or skin rash with fever, blistering, mouth sores, inflammation of the eye, swelling of the face, general swelling, shortness of breath, muscle or joint pain, general feelings of illness or abdominal pain.
- Do not start or continue nevirapine if you have inflammation of the liver (hepatitis), severe liver disease or have a high CD4 cell count.
- Avoid using nevirapine if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for NEVIMAT
Q.Is nevirapine the same as Viramune?
Yes, Viramune is a brand name of nevirapine
Q.Is nevirapine generic?
Nevirapine is a generic drug
Q.How does nevirapine work or how is nevirapine used to treat HIV or what does nevirapine treat or how does nevirapine affect reverse transcriptase or what is nevirapine tablets used for?
Nevirapine belongs to a class of anti-HIV medicines called non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs). Reverse transcriptase is an enzyme that HIV needs in order to multiply. Nevirapine stops reverse transcriptase from working, and helps control HIV-1 infection
Q.What is nevirapine oral suspension?
Nevirapine is available is 2 dosage forms, tablets and oral suspension.