Information about Nevirapine
Nevirapine is used in the treatment of HIV infection.
How Nevirapine works
Nevirapine prevents the multiplication of HIV virus in human cells, thereby stopping the HIV virus from producing new viruses.
Common side effects of Nevirapine
Headache, Vomiting, Nausea, Abdominal pain, Fatigue, Increased liver enzymes, Hepatitis (viral infection of liver), Rash, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Nevirapine
NevirEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹637 to ₹8722 variant(s)
₹157 to ₹9463 variant(s)
NevivirHetero Drugs Ltd
NeviretroAlkem Laboratories Ltd
NevihopeMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
NevirexVeritaz Healthcare Ltd
NevipanSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
NevimatMylan Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd - A Viatris Company
Expert advice for Nevirapine
- You have been prescribed Nevirapine for the treatment of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus).
- Take it as per dose and duration suggested by your doctor.
- If you miss a dose for more than 7 days, consult your doctor as dose modification may be required.
- You might notice skin reactions during the first 2 weeks of treatment. Inform your doctor if you notice a fever, swelling of face, mouth sores, blistering of skin and trouble breathing.
- Your doctor may check your liver function regularly for a period of 18 weeks. Inform your doctor if you notice yellowing of eyes or skin, dark urine or stomach pain.
- It makes birth control pills less effective in nature. Ask your doctor about other suitable methods of preventing pregnancy.