Information about Pazopanib
How Pazopanib works
Pazopanib is an anti-cancer medication. It works by binding and inhibiting the enzyme receptors (tyrosine kinase) that are responsible for the proliferation of the cancerous cells. It also restricts the growth of new blood vessels within the tumor. This is how it works against cancer.
Common side effects of Pazopanib
Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Fatigue, Change in color of hair, Diarrhea, High blood pressure, Decreased appetite, Weight loss, Taste change, Abnormal skin pigmentation, Hair discoloration, Tumor pain, Breathlessness
Available Medicine for Pazopanib
VotrientGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹7903 to ₹158082 variant(s)
Expert advice for Pazopanib
- Pazopanib is used for the treatment of thyroid cancer.
- Take it with or without food, preferably at the same time each day.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Drink plenty of fluids and inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Use a reliable contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy while you are taking this medicine and for a month after you stop taking it.
- Do not take it with medication lowering the stomach acid (such as antacids, H2 blockers including ranitidine), as it may affect the working of medicine.
- It may affect wound healing time. Be careful while shaving, cutting fingernails or toenails, or using sharp objects.
- Monitor your blood pressure regularly while taking this medication. Inform your doctor if you notice symptoms of very high blood pressure such as severe headache, confusion, problems with your eyesight, nausea or vomiting.
- Inform your doctor about the consumption of Pazopanib before going for surgical procedure.
- It may cause serious bleeding problem. Inform your doctor if you get headaches, stomach pain or if you notice blood in your urine or stools.
- Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.