Information about Ulipristal acetate
Ulipristal acetate Uses
Ulipristal acetate is used in the treatment of uterine fibroids. It is used for intermittent treatment and pre-operative treatment of moderate to severe symptoms of uterine fibroid in adult women of reproductive age.
How Ulipristal acetate works
Ulipristal acetate is a selective progesterone receptor modulator. It works by modifying the action of progesterone (natural female hormone). It is used either before surgery of fibroids or for intermittent (at regular intervals) treatment of fibroids. It helps reduce their size, stops or controls bleeding and increases your red blood cell count.
Common side effects of Ulipristal acetate
Absence of menstrual periods, Headache, Endometrial hyperplasia
Available Medicine for Ulipristal acetate
FibristalAkumentis Healthcare Ltd
FibropristAkumentis Healthcare Ltd
YulipristJagsonpal Pharmaceuticals Ltd
FemipristalMeyer Organics Pvt Ltd
ElataAlembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
IbpristalIndiabulls pharmaceutical ltd
FibresheaAkumentis Healthcare Ltd
NeopristalMeyer Organics Pvt Ltd
Goefibro-UKoye Pharmaceuticals Pvt ltd
PrizalPharmanova India Drugs Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Ulipristal acetate
- Ulipristal acetate is used for the treatment of uterine fibroids and their associated symptoms, such as painful periods, heavy bleeding and pelvic pain.
- It considerably reduces or stops your menstrual bleeding within the first 10 days of treatment. Notify your doctor if you continue to have heavy bleeding despite taking Ulipristal acetate.
- Your periods will usually start again within four weeks of stopping Ulipristal acetate.
- Use a reliable barrier contraceptive method (such as condoms or a diaphragm) to prevent pregnancy while you are taking Ulipristal acetate as it may make hormonal contraceptives (such as pills) less effective.
- Your doctor may get routine blood tests done to assess the functioning of your liver. Inform your doctor if you notice yellowing of skin/eye, dark urine, or stomach pain.