Efavirenz is used in the treatment of hiv infection
How it works
Efavirenz prevents the multiplication of HIV virus in human cells. Thus stops the HIV virus from producing new viruses.
Common side effects
Rash, Headache, Dizziness, Decrease in granulocyte count, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Sleepiness, Vomiting, Allergic reaction, Nausea, Abnormal dreams, Fatigue, Increased liver enzymes, Anxiety, Fever, Itching, Difficulty in paying attention, Increased triglyceride level in blood
- ₹804 to ₹1894Cipla Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹729 to ₹2383Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹2356Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1922Veritaz Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1939Mylan Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1922Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹288 to ₹2233Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of mental illness or convulsions (fits or seizures).
- Ensure that efavirenz is always taken in combination with other anti-HIV medicines and never alone.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop signs of dizziness, difficulty sleeping, drowsiness, difficulty concentrating or abnormal dreaming or any signs of skin rash or inflammation or infection.
- Take the required precautions to prevent transmission as efavirenz does not prevent the spread of HIV virus to others through blood or sexual contact.
- Do not drive if you have taken efavirenz as it may cause dizziness.
- Do take if allergic to efavirenz or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if sufering with severe liver disease.
- Avoid if patient is Pregnant or breastfeeding women.