Information about Efavirenz
Efavirenz is used in the treatment of HIV infection.
How efavirenz works
Efavirenz prevents the multiplication of HIV virus in human cells, thereby stopping the HIV virus from producing new viruses.
Common side effects of efavirenz
Headache, Nausea, Dizziness, Vomiting, Allergic reaction, Increased liver enzymes, Agranulocytosis (deficiency of granulocytes in the blood), Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Sleepiness, Abnormal dreams, Fatigue, Anxiety, Fever, Itching, Difficulty in paying attention, Increased triglyceride level in blood, Rash
Available Medicine for Efavirenz
- ₹804 to ₹1934Cipla Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹647 to ₹2383Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹358 to ₹2357Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1990Mylan Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1987Veritaz Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹795Sain Medicaments Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1922Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹288 to ₹2233Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹2088Hetero Drugs Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Efavirenz
- Efavirenz is used in combination with other medicines for the treatment of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus).
- Take it on an empty stomach, preferably at bedtime to reduce side effects.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- You can also pass on HIV or HBV to others. Don't share needles or personal items that can have blood or body fluids on them.
- Your doctor may check your liver function regularly. Inform your doctor if you notice yellowing of eyes or skin, dark urine, or stomach pain.
- You might experience dizziness or abnormal dreams during initial days of treatment. Consult with a doctor if it bothers you or does not go away.
- Use a reliable method of contraception to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.