food interaction for NEBILONG
alcohol interaction for NEBILONG
pregnancy interaction for NEBILONG
lactation interaction for NEBILONG
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for NEBILONG
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for NEBILONG 5 MG TABLET
Patients taking NEBILONG 5 MG TABLET
- 92%Once A Day
- 5%Twice A Day
- 1%Twice A Week
- 1%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for NEBILONG
- NEBICARD 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 10.30/tabletRs. 103save 1% more per tablet
- NEBISTAR 5 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 9.25/tabletRs. 92.50save 11% more per tablet
- NEBI 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 6.80/tabletRs. 68save 35% more per tablet
- NEBULA 5 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 9.69/tabletRs. 96.90save 7% more per tablet
- NUBETA 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 8.80/tabletRs. 88save 15% more per tablet
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for NEBILONG
- Nebivolol may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- The Nebivolol may affect your blood sugar and cover up the symptoms of low blood sugar if you have diabetes.
- Nebivolol may reduce blood flow to your hands and feet, causing them to feel cold. Smoking may worsen this effect. Dress warmly and avoid the use of tobacco.
- Consult your doctor whether to continue Nebivolol before any scheduled surgery.
- It is not the first-choice treatment for high blood pressure according to the latest guidelines, except if you have a heart failure or heart disease.
- Adults over the age of 65 may be at greater risk for the side-effects.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Maintain a normal body weight (body mass index, 18.5-24.9 kg/m2).
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
- Limit alcohol consumption to less than or equal to 2 drinks per day (1oz or 30ml ethanol eg 24oz beer, 10 oz wine, or 3 oz 80-proof whiskey).
Frequently asked questions for NEBILONG
Q.What is nebivolol used for?
Nebivolol belongs to a class of medication call beta-blockers. This is used to treat high blood pressure and chronic heart failure
Q.Is nebivolol a generic?
Nebivolol is not a generic
Q.Is it a generic for bystoli?
Bystoli and Nebicard are the brand names for nebivolol
Q.What is Nebicard?
Bystoli and Nebicard are the brand names for nebivolol. Both bisoprolol and nebivolol belong to the same category of medications called beta-blockers. Only a doctor would be correctly able to prescribe bisoprolol or nebivolol to you based on the symptoms
Q.Is it better than bisoprolol?
Both bisoprolol and nebivolol belong to the same category of medications called beta-blockers. Only a doctor would be correctly able to prescribe bisoprolol or nebivolol to you based on the symptoms
Q.Is nebivolol safe?
Nebivolol is safe if used for an indication and a dose prescribed by your doctor
Q.Is nebivolol a diuretic/ACE blocker/beta-blocker?
Nebivolol is a beta-blocker. It is not a diuretic
Q.Does it contain nitrates?
ACE blocker and it does not contain nitrates
Q.How does nebivolol work?
Nebivolol belongs to a class of medication call beta-blockers. It relaxes the blood vessels and slows the heart rate thus improving blood flow and decreasing blood pressure. The reduced blood pressure makes it easier for a weak heart to pump blood at a slower rate, which is why it works in heart failure also
Q.Can I take nebivolol with ibuprofen?
Nebivolol is not known to interact with ibuprofen, but it should be taken only after doctor's advice
Q.Does nebivolol cause hair loss/weight gain/impotence/increase testosterone levels?
Nebivolol is is not known to cause hair loss/weight gain or increase testosterone levels. Uncommonly, it causes impotence
Q.Does nebivolol cross blood brain barrier?
Nebivolol may cross the blood brain barrier in small amounts.