Medicine Overview of Metalyse Injection
Uses of Metalyse Injection
Metalyse 40mg Injection is used in the treatment of heart attack.
Side effects of Metalyse Injection
Nausea, Vomiting, Decreased blood pressure, Injection site bleeding.
How to use Metalyse Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Metalyse Injection works
Metalyse 40mg injection works by dissolving the harmful blood clots in the blood vessels. This allows reperfusion of affected tissue, preventing tissue death and improving outcomes.
In Depth Information on Metalyse Injection
Expert advice for Metalyse Injection
- Inform your doctor if you have high blood pressure, blood circulation problems in the brain (cerebrovascular disease), abnormal heart valve (mitral stenosis) or heart rhythm (atrial fibrillation); gastrointestinal bleeding or genitourinary (blood in urine) bleeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have taken any intramuscular injection in the prior two days.
- Take necessary precaution while on tenecteplase therapy as it may result in severe or life-threatening bleeding.
- Avoid situations that may lead to bruising or injury. Seek immediate medical attention if you develop unusual bruising or bleeding, pink or brown urine, dark, tarry, or bloody stools or if you cough up blood.
- Use with tenecteplase with caution if you are more than 75 years of age or less than 60 kg weight.
- Tenecteplase is not recommended in children and adolescents below 18 years of age.
Special precautions for Metalyse 40mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Metalyse 40mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Metalyse 40mg Injection should be used with caution during l+more
actation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Not relevant, as Metalyse 40mg Injection is intended for use in hospitalised patients.
Metalyse 40mg Injection is safe to use in patients with kidn+more
ey disease. No dose adjustment of Metalyse 40mg Injection is recommended....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Metalyse 40mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Tenecteplase
Q. How is tenectaplase supplied?
Tenectaplase is supplied as a powder in a vial that needs to be added to the water for injection to form a solution to be given by injection.
Q. What is tenectaplase derived from?
Tenectaplase is derived from Chinese hamster ovary cell line
Substitutes for Metalyse Injection
Elaxim 40mg Injection
Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd