Information about Cilostazol
Cilostazol is used in the treatment of intermittent claudication. It helps in reducing the symptoms of intermittent claudication like pain, cramping, numbness, or weakness in the legs that occurs on walking.
How cilostazol works
Cilostazol widens the blood vessels and decreases the stickiness of the platelets, thereby increasing the blood flow to the lower limbs.
Common side effects of cilostazol
Headache, Palpitations, Abnormal stool, Diarrhea, Dizziness, Chest pain, Loss of appetite, Bleeding, Rash
Available Medicine for Cilostazol
- ₹124 to ₹393Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹111 to ₹223Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹113 to ₹200Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹100 to ₹206Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹83 to ₹167Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹75 to ₹132Icon Life Sciences2 variant(s)
- ₹159Ordain Health Care Global Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹87 to ₹1304Care Lifescience Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹84 to ₹116Chemo Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹69 to ₹122Theia Healthcare2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cilostazol
- Cilostazol is used in the treatment of pain in legs due to insufficient blood flow (intermittent claudication).
- It increases the distance you can walk without pain.
- Take it in addition to lifestyle modifications such as smoking cessation and increased exercise.
- Take it at least half an hour before or two hours after breakfast and dinner.
- It may take up to 12 weeks before your symptoms improve. Keep using the medication as directed.
- It may cause dizziness. Don't drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Do not take it if you have heart failure, persistent chest pain at rest, or have had a heart attack or any heart surgery in the last six months.
- Consult your doctor, if your symptoms do not improve after 4 weeks of treatment.
Frequently asked questions for Cilostazol
Q. Can the use of Cilostazol increase the risk of bleeding?
Yes, Cilostazol increases the risk of bleeding. Always be careful while doing activities that may cause an injury or bleeding. Tell your doctor immediately if you notice any abnormal bruising or bleeding.
Q. When will I feel better after taking Cilostazol?
Cilostazol reduces your risk of developing blood clots in the blood vessels of your leg, lungs, heart and brain. You may not feel any difference after taking Cilostazol. However, keep taking this medicine as prescribed by your doctor because you will still be getting its full benefits.