Information about Tenecteplase
Tenecteplase is used in the treatment of heart attack.
How Tenecteplase works
Tenecteplase is a thrombolytic medication. It works by dissolving the harmful blood clots in the blood vessels. This restores the blood flow to the affected tissue, thereby preventing tissue death and improving outcomes.
Common side effects of Tenecteplase
Injection site bleeding, Nosebleeds, Blood in urine, Bruise, Blood in stool, Gastrointestinal bleeding
Available Medicine for Tenecteplase
ElaximGennova Biopharmaceuticals Ltd
₹36867 to ₹503323 variant(s)
VelixEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹28641 to ₹376193 variant(s)
TenectaseGennova Biopharmaceuticals Ltd
TenecterelReliance Life Sciences
₹29900 to ₹446002 variant(s)
TenectelexAbbott Healthcare Private Limited
Expert advice for Tenecteplase
- Tenecteplase is used to treat myocardial infarctions (heart attacks) as soon as possible (usually within 12 hours) after the onset of symptoms.
- It is given as an injection into the vein under the supervision of a doctor.
- It may increase your risk of bleeding. Inform your doctor immediately if you notice bleeding at the injection site, nose bleed, and blood in urine.
- Be careful while shaving, cutting fingernails or toenails, using sharp objects or engaging in contact sports (e.g. football, wrestling).
- Continue with your diet and exercise along with previously prescribed medications for heart attack.