Information about Tirofiban
Tirofiban is used in the treatment of unstable angina.
How tirofiban works
Tirofiban is an antiplatelet medication. It works by preventing platelets from sticking together which decreases the formation of harmful blood clots.
Common side effects of tirofiban
Bleeding, Headache, Nausea
Available Medicine for Tirofiban
- ₹5748Abbott1 variant(s)
- ₹4073Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹4470Gland Pharma Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹4300Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹5442Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹3838Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹4008Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹4948Aprica Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹4600Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹3950United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tirofiban
- Do not start tirofiban if you had biopsy, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (procedure to pump blood from heart), serious injury, major operation, ulcer in stomach or intestine in last 3 months, recent bleeding disorder, spinal procedure, splitting of aorta, uncontrolled high blood pressure, inflammation of lining around heart, inflammation of blood vessels, problems with blood vessels in retina, taking medicines to dissolve blood clots, heart failure, low blood pressure due to failing heart, liver disorder, low blood count or anaemia.
- Avoid situations that may lead to bruising or injury. Seek immediate medical attention if you develop unusual bruising or bleeding, pink or brown urine, dark, tarry, or bloody stools or if you cough up blood.
- Do not drink alcohol while on tirofiban treatment as it may increase the risk of bleeding.
- Tirofiban is not recommended in children.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Tirofiban
Q. What is Tirofiban used for?
Tirofiban is used to prevent chest pain, heart attack and other thrombotic cardiovascular events by assisting blood flow to heart
Q. What is tirofiban hydrochloride?
Tirofiban hydrochloride is hydrochloride salt of tirofiban. It is a platelet aggregation inhibito
Q. How does Tirofiban work?
Tirofiban works by preventing the formation of blood clots and thereby helps in maintaining uninterrupted blood supply to heart.