Information about Tirofiban
Tirofiban is used to prevent Heart attack. It helps assist the blood flow to your heart and prevent chest pain and heart attack.
How tirofiban works
Tirofiban is an antiplatelet medication. It works by preventing the platelets from sticking together, thereby decreasing the formation of harmful blood clots. This lowers the chance of heart attack or stroke.
Common side effects of tirofiban
Increased bleeding tendency, Headache, Nausea, Low blood platelets, Anemia (low number of red blood cells)
Available Medicine for Tirofiban
- ₹5748Abbott1 variant(s)
- ₹4470Gland Pharma Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹4073Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹5972Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹3700Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹5203Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹3838Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹4949Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹3950United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹5442Aprica Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tirofiban
- It increases your risk of bleeding. Be careful while shaving, cutting fingernails or toenails or using sharp objects.
- Notify your doctor if you see blood in your vomit, urine or stool (black, tarry stools or bright red blood).
Frequently asked questions for Tirofiban
Q. Can the use of Tirofiban increase the risk of bleeding?
Yes, Tirofiban increases the risk of bleeding. Always be careful while doing activities that may cause an injury or bleeding. Tell your doctor immediately if you notice any abnormal bruising or bleeding.
Q. What medicines should I avoid while taking Tirofiban?
Tirofiban can interact with several medicines. Do not take any medicine without talking to your doctor.
Q. When will I feel better after taking Tirofiban?
Tirofiban reduces your risk of developing blood clots in the blood vessels of your leg, lungs, heart and brain. You may not feel any difference after taking Tirofiban. However, keep taking this medicine as prescribed by your doctor because you will still be getting its full benefits.