Medicine Overview of Melcyl Tablet
Side effects of Melcyl Tablet
Redness of skin, Blisters on skin, Edema, Itching.
How to use Melcyl Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Melcyl 10mg Tablet with food.
How Melcyl Tablet works
Melcyl 10mg tablet is used along with ultraviolet-A irradiation where it works by decreasing the number of cells the skin makes.
In Depth Information on Melcyl Tablet
Expert advice for Melcyl Tablet
- Take this treatment (methoxsalen and UVA) two or three times a week with the treatment spaced at least forty-eight hours apart.
- Take this medication by mouth with food or milk, usually 2 to 4 hours before your UVA light treatment.
- Do not sunbathe for 24 hours before taking methoxsalen. Wear UVA-absorbing, wrap-around sunglasses and cover exposed skin or use a sunblock (SP 15 or higher) for the twenty-four (24) hour period following treatment with methoxsalen.
- Use extra caution for at least 48 hours following each treatment. After each treatment, cover your skin for at least 8 hours by wearing protective clothing.
- Do not increase the amount of methoxsalen if you are taking or spend extra time in the sunlight or under an ultraviolet lamp.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as methoxsalen may cause dizziness.
- Not recommended for use in children younger than 12 years.
- You will need to have an eye examination before starting methoxsalen and also once a year thereafter.
Special precautions for Melcyl 10mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Melcyl 10mg Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Melcyl 10mg Tablet should be used with caution during lactat+more
ion. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
It is not known whether Melcyl 10mg Tablet alters the abilit+more
y to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
There is limited information available on the use of Melcyl+more
10mg Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
Melcyl 10mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients w+more
ith liver disease. Dose adjustment of Melcyl 10mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Frequently asked questions for Melcyl 10mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Methoxsalen
Melcyl is used along with ultraviolet light (found in sunlight and some special lamps) in a treatment to treat vitiligo (a disease in which skin color is lost), and psoriasis (a skin condition associated with red and scaly patches), and treatment of white blood cells (called photopheresis) and is used to treat the skin problems associated with mycosis fungoides, which is a type of lymphoma
Melcyl works by modifying the way by which skin cells receive the ultraviolet light A (UVA) radiation, thereby clearing up the disease.
User Submitted Feedback For Melcyl 10mg Tablet
Patients taking Melcyl 10mg Tablet
Once A Day
Thrice A week
Substitutes for Melcyl Tablet
Melanocyl 10mg Tablet
Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Octamop 10mg Tablet
Meladerm 10mg Tablet
Inga Laboratories Pvt Ltd
Melan 10mg Tablet
Med Manor Organics Pvt Ltd