Information about Olanzapine
How olanzapine works
Olanzapine is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affect thoughts.
Common side effects of olanzapine
Sleepiness, Weight gain, Increased prolactin level in blood, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
Available Medicine for Olanzapine
- ₹28 to ₹69Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹29 to ₹148Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹5 to ₹1319Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd12 variant(s)
- ₹29 to ₹154Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 variant(s)
- ₹21 to ₹155Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹88Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd11 variant(s)
- ₹29 to ₹61Micro Labs Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹27 to ₹60La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹27 to ₹115Talent India8 variant(s)
- ₹14 to ₹68Unichem Laboratories Ltd9 variant(s)
Expert advice for Olanzapine
- Do not take olanzapine tablet if you are allergic to olanzapine or any other ingredient in the medicine.Do not drive or operate machinery immediately after taking olanzapine as it may cause drowsiness.
- Avoid taking olanzapine if you have mental illnesses like suicidal thoughts, depression; or suffering from fits (epilepsy), Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer disease or dementia.
- Do not start or continue taking olanzapine, if you are suffering from diabetes; heart problems, high blood pressure or high cholesterol; breathing problems, increased pressure inside the eye that causes visual problems (glaucoma) or other eye related problems.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking olanzapine as it may cause drowsiness.