food interaction for MELANOCYL
alcohol interaction for MELANOCYL
pregnancy interaction for MELANOCYL
lactation interaction for MELANOCYL
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR MELANOCYL
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR MELANOCYL TABLET
Patients taking MELANOCYL TABLET
- 55%Once A Day
- 27%Alternate Day
- 8%Twice A Day
- 4%Twice A Week
- 3%Once A Week
- 2%Thrice A week
SUBSTITUTES FOR MELANOCYL
- OCTAMOP 10 MG TABLET(20 tablets in strip)Palsons DermaRs. 2.40/tabletRs. 48same price
- MELADERM 10 MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Inga Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 1.72/tabletRs. 51.50save 28% more per tablet
- MELANEX 10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Albatross Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 2.50/tabletRs. 25pay 5% more per tablet
- KUVADEX 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Kivi Labs LtdRs. 2.40/tabletRs. 24same price
- MELAN 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Med Manor Organics Pvt LtdRs. 1.80/tabletRs. 18save 25% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR MELANOCYL
- Take this treatment (methoxsalen and UVA) two or three times a week with the treatment spaced at least forty-eight hours apart.
- Take this medication by mouth with food or milk, usually 2 to 4 hours before your UVA light treatment.
- Do not sunbathe for 24 hours before taking methoxsalen. Wear UVA-absorbing, wrap-around sunglasses and cover exposed skin or use a sunblock (SP 15 or higher) for the twenty-four (24) hour period following treatment with methoxsalen.
- Use extra caution for at least 48 hours following each treatment. After each treatment, cover your skin for at least 8 hours by wearing protective clothing.
- Do not increase the amount of methoxsalen if you are taking or spend extra time in the sunlight or under an ultraviolet lamp.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as methoxsalen may cause dizziness.
- Not recommended for use in children younger than 12 years.
- You will need to have an eye examination before starting methoxsalen and also once a year thereafter.
Frequently asked questions FOR MELANOCYL
Q. What is methoxsalen used for?
Methoxsalen is used along with ultraviolet light (found in sunlight and some special lamps) in a treatment to treat vitiligo (a disease in which skin color is lost), and psoriasis (a skin condition associated with red and scaly patches), and treatment of white blood cells (called photopheresis) and is used to treat the skin problems associated with mycosis fungoides, which is a type of lymphoma
Q. How does methoxsalen work?
Methoxsalen works by modifying the way by which skin cells receive the ultraviolet light A (UVA) radiation, thereby clearing up the disease.