Information about Aminophylline
Aminophylline is used in the treatment and prevention of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
How aminophylline works
Aminophylline is a bronchodilator. It works by relaxing the muscles of the airways and widens airways. This makes breathing easier.
Common side effects of aminophylline
Nausea, Vomiting, Headache, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
Available Medicine for Aminophylline
- ₹71 to ₹72Modi Mundi Pharma Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹29RSM Kilitch Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹16Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹20Harson Laboratories1 variant(s)
- ₹22Biostan Indian Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Aminophylline
- You have been prescribed Aminophylline for prevention and treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- It should be taken at the same time each day, preferably in the evening after food.
- It does not work right away and should not be used to relieve sudden breathing problems. Always keep a fast-acting (rescue) inhaler with you.
- Your doctor may take regular blood test to monitor potassium level and the level of this medicine in your body.
- Notify your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney, liver or heart disease, or if you have a smoking history. Your dose may need to be adjusted.
- Do not discontinue use without consulting your doctor, even if you feel better.
Frequently asked questions for Aminophylline
Q. Is Aminophylline a steroid/ an antibiotic?
Aminophylline is not a steroid or antibiotic, it belongs to xanthine derivatives class of medications
Q. Is aminophylline same as theophylline?
No. Aminophylline is a complex of theophylline and ethylenediamine
Q. Does Aminophylline cause dyspnea/ diuresis/ bradycardia/ tachycardia?
Aminophylline is known to cause dyspnea, diuresis or tachycardia. However, it does not cause bradycardia. Consult your doctor, if you experience any side effects.