Information about Aminophylline
How aminophylline works
Aminophylline works by relaxing the muscles in the walls of the airways. This opens the airways and makes breathing easier.
Common side effects of aminophylline
Nausea, Vomiting, Headache, Abdominal upset, Restlessness.
Available Medicine for Aminophylline
- ₹7Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Aminophylline
- Do not start and continue aminophylline and consult your doctor:if you are above 65 years; have a heart, liver or kidney disease.
- Do not take aminophylline if you are already taking medication for asthma or COPD or cough.
- Avoid smoking / alcohol while taking aminophylline.
- Do not take aminophylline if you have glaucoma (raised pressure in eye); thyroid disease; seizure or any mental disorders.
- Do not take aminophylline if you are suffering from a virus infection, such as flu or have recently had a flu injection.
- Avoid using aminophylline if if you are pregnant and planning to become pregnant or taking pills to avoid pregnancy.
Frequently asked questions for Aminophylline
Q. Is aminophylline a steroid/ an antibiotic?
Aminophylline is not a steroid or antibiotic, it belongs to xanthine derivatives class of medications
Q. Is aminophylline same as theophylline?
No. Aminophylline is a complex of theophylline and ethylenediamine
Q. Does aminophylline cause dyspnea/ diuresis/ bradycardia/ tachycardia?
Aminophylline is known to cause dyspnea, diuresis or tachycardia. However, it does not cause bradycardia. Consult your doctor, if you experience any side effects.