Information about Aminophylline
How Aminophylline works
Aminophylline is a bronchodilator. It works by relaxing the muscles of the airways and widens airways. This makes breathing easier.
Common side effects of Aminophylline
Nausea, Vomiting, Headache, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
Expert advice for Aminophylline
- You have been prescribed Aminophylline for prevention and treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- It should be taken at the same time each day, preferably in the evening after food.
- It does not work right away and should not be used to relieve sudden breathing problems. Always keep a fast-acting (rescue) inhaler with you.
- Your doctor may take regular blood test to monitor potassium level and the level of this medicine in your body.
- Notify your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney, liver or heart disease, or if you have a smoking history. Your dose may need to be adjusted.
- Do not discontinue use without consulting your doctor, even if you feel better.