Medicine Overview of Melan Tablet
Side effects of Melan Tablet
Redness of skin, Blisters on skin, Edema, Itching.
How to use Melan Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Melan 10mg Tablet with food.
How Melan Tablet works
Melan 10mg tablet is used along with ultraviolet-A irradiation where it works by decreasing the number of cells the skin makes.
In Depth Information on Melan Tablet
Expert advice for Melan Tablet
- Take this treatment (methoxsalen and UVA) two or three times a week with the treatment spaced at least forty-eight hours apart.
- Take this medication by mouth with food or milk, usually 2 to 4 hours before your UVA light treatment.
- Do not sunbathe for 24 hours before taking methoxsalen. Wear UVA-absorbing, wrap-around sunglasses and cover exposed skin or use a sunblock (SP 15 or higher) for the twenty-four (24) hour period following treatment with methoxsalen.
- Use extra caution for at least 48 hours following each treatment. After each treatment, cover your skin for at least 8 hours by wearing protective clothing.
- Do not increase the amount of methoxsalen if you are taking or spend extra time in the sunlight or under an ultraviolet lamp.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as methoxsalen may cause dizziness.
- Not recommended for use in children younger than 12 years.
- You will need to have an eye examination before starting methoxsalen and also once a year thereafter.
Special precautions for Melan 10mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Melan 10mg Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Melan 10mg Tablet should be used with caution during lactati+more
on. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
It is not known whether Melan 10mg Tablet alters the ability+more
to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
There is limited information available on the use of Melan 1+more
0mg Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
Melan 10mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients wi+more
th liver disease. Dose adjustment of Melan 10mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Frequently asked questions for Melan 10mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Methoxsalen
Melan is used along with ultraviolet light (found in sunlight and some special lamps) in a treatment to treat vitiligo (a disease in which skin color is lost), and psoriasis (a skin condition associated with red and scaly patches), and treatment of white blood cells (called photopheresis) and is used to treat the skin problems associated with mycosis fungoides, which is a type of lymphoma
Melan works by modifying the way by which skin cells receive the ultraviolet light A (UVA) radiation, thereby clearing up the disease.
User Submitted Feedback For Melan 10mg Tablet
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
No Side Effect
How do you take this medicine?
With or without food
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Substitutes for Melan Tablet
Melanocyl 10mg Tablet
Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Octamop 10mg Tablet
Melcyl 10mg Tablet
East West Pharma
Meladerm 10mg Tablet
Inga Laboratories Pvt Ltd