Medicine Overview of Manicarb Tablet SR
Side effects of Manicarb Tablet SR
Tremor, Slurred speech, Uncoordinated body movements, Nausea, Acne, Increased white blood cell count, Memory impairment, Hair loss, Enlarged thyroid gland, Skin rash, Increased thirst, Weight gain, Polyuria, Diarrhoea.
How to use Manicarb Tablet SR
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Manicarb 400mg Tablet SR with food.
How Manicarb Tablet SR works
Manicarb 400mg tablet sr works by suppressing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
In Depth Information on Manicarb Tablet SR
Expert advice for Manicarb Tablet SR
- Your doctor may ask you to continue Manicarb for a long time. You must not stop taking it or change the dose, without speaking to your doctor first.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. If it is within 4 hours of the next dose, skip the missed dose (about 6 hours in the case of extended- or slow-release preparations). Never double up doses.
- Despite your inconvenience and discomfort, your Manicarb blood levels, thyroid function, and kidney function need to be monitored as long as you take Manicarb.
- During treatment with Manicarb, it is recommended that you drink about 2 to 3 liter of fluid daily and use normal amounts of salt. Inform your doctor if you start or stop a low-salt diet.
- Avoid sudden change in your diet or fluid intake. If you do go on a diet, your doctor may need to increase the frequency of blood tests.
- Do not start any medicine including herbal or ayurvedic without telling your doctor. As it may significantly change the Manicarb levels.
- Caffeine and alcohol act as diuretics and can lower your Manicarb concentrations.
- If you engage in vigorous exercise or have an illness that causes sweating, vomiting, or diarrhoea, consult your doctor because these might affect Manicarb levels.
- Nausea, constipation, shakiness, increased thirst, frequent urination, weight gain, or swelling of the extremities should be reported to your doctor. Your doctor may adjust the dose.
- Blurred vision, confusion, loss of appetite, diarrhoea, vomiting, muscle weakness, lethargy, shakiness, slurred speech, dizziness, loss of balance, inability to urinate, or seizure could indicate severe toxicity and should prompt immediate medical attention.
Special precautions for Manicarb 400mg Tablet SR
Manicarb 400mg Tablet SR may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Manicarb 400mg Tablet SR is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Manicarb 400mg Tablet SR is probably safe to use during lact+more
ation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
Manicarb 400mg Tablet SR may make you feel sleepy, tired or dizzy. Manicarb 400mg Tablet SR may also cause other effects that can make it dangerous to drive such as numbness, paralysis, weakness or fits (seizures)....
Manicarb 400mg Tablet SR may make you feel sleepy, tired or dizzy. Manicarb 400mg Tablet SR may also cause other effects that can make it dangerous to drive such as numbness, paralysis, weakness or fits (seizures).
Manicarb 400mg Tablet SR should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Manicarb 400mg Tablet SR may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Manicarb 400mg Tablet SR is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease....
Use of Manicarb 400mg Tablet SR is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Manicarb 400mg Tablet SR is probably safe to use in patients+more
with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Manicarb 400mg Tablet SR may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Cordarone 150mg Injection 3ml, Eurythmic 150mg Injection, Tachyra 100mg Tablet, Paliris 6mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Manicarb 400mg Tablet SR
Frequently asked questions for Lithium
Manicarb can be taken to treat depression and anxiety. Do consult your doctor before use
Acetaminophen or aspirin can be taken with Manicarb for headache or pain. Do consult your doctor before use
Q. Can I take lithium with ibuprofen, Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Benadryl?
Lithium when taken with ibuprofen, fluoxetine (Prozac), paroxetine (Paxil), sertraline (Zoloft) or Benadryl can lead to increased side effects. Do consult your doctor before use
Manicarb can cause weight gain, acne, constipation, make you tired. Manicarb does not make you high.
User Submitted Feedback For Manicarb 400mg Tablet SR
Patients taking Manicarb 400mg Tablet SR
Twice A Day
Once A Day
Substitutes for Manicarb Tablet SR
Lithic 400mg Tablet SR
Icon Life Sciences
Lithonex 400mg Tablet SR
Theo Pharma Pvt Ltd
Lithopik 400mg Tablet SR
Aarpik Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Lalithium 400mg Tablet XR
Lithoril 400mg Tablet SR
Reliance Formulation Pvt Ltd