Medicine Overview of Macsoralen Tablet
Redness of skin, Blisters on skin, Edema (swelling), Itching.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Macsoralen Tablet is to be taken with food.
Macsoralen Tablet is used along with ultraviolet-A irradiation where it works by decreasing the number of cells the skin makes.
In Depth Information on Macsoralen Tablet
- Take this treatment (methoxsalen and UVA) two or three times a week with the treatment spaced at least forty-eight hours apart.
- Take this medication by mouth with food or milk, usually 2 to 4 hours before your UVA light treatment.
- Do not sunbathe for 24 hours before taking methoxsalen. Wear UVA-absorbing, wrap-around sunglasses and cover exposed skin or use a sunblock (SP 15 or higher) for the twenty-four (24) hour period following treatment with methoxsalen.
- Use extra caution for at least 48 hours following each treatment. After each treatment, cover your skin for at least 8 hours by wearing protective clothing.
- Do not increase the amount of methoxsalen if you are taking or spend extra time in the sunlight or under an ultraviolet lamp.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as methoxsalen may cause dizziness.
- Not recommended for use in children younger than 12 years.
- You will need to have an eye examination before starting methoxsalen and also once a year thereafter.
Macsoralen Tablet related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Macsoralen Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Macsoralen Tablet should be used with caution during lactation.
Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body.
It is not known whether Macsoralen Tablet alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react.
There is limited information available on the use of Macsoralen Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
Macsoralen Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Macsoralen Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
User Submitted Feedback For Macsoralen Tablet
Patients taking Macsoralen Tablet What are you using Macsoralen Tablet for?
Survey Participants: 1
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Macsoralen Tablet. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Frequently asked questions about Macsoralen Tablet
Macsoralen is used along with ultraviolet light (found in sunlight and some special lamps) in a treatment to treat vitiligo (a disease in which skin color is lost), and psoriasis (a skin condition associated with red and scaly patches), and treatment of white blood cells (called photopheresis) and is used to treat the skin problems associated with mycosis fungoides, which is a type of lymphoma
Macsoralen works by modifying the way by which skin cells receive the ultraviolet light A (UVA) radiation, thereby clearing up the disease.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Macsoralen Tablet: SVS, RDH, ESY, JVN, DPL, OLT, ADT, BSN, BIO, VDH, SHC, SCH, JVO, HPC, RSS, INC, DGN, PPR, BHP, OHM, PRN, PLT, CLT, KHH, EQN, KHC, NNH, NTB, QTM, MSD, MAK, USF, NVY, TFP, PWN, NSL, ANT, SGH, AMR, NDP, RHL, DFP, SLN, HIP, RSA, KMC, BBS, EVP, ENP, STA, HEX, TNH, AYU, HZF, DLP, SHD, TOM, TRP, RPP, THP, FGH, MAX, P2P, LHA, HBV, PMA, DPP, AAR, BAP, SBL, SHP, HNP, QLF, PNT, HTS, SRG, ATP, OWP, DVH, RJH, DHR, GTC, RUS, SJP, ARD, HMP, IAD, BLE, PTI, BMJ, AYM, DYG, WSI, MDO, GTK, BDN, GBL, ZEL, RWP, SBA, UMP, HGI, IPL, RKS, NAS, OIP, PVP, NXG, SWP, HAT, MPC, RPI, EMB, VRS, GNC, SAF, MAM, SGC, 9T9, GHR, SWA, ZVP, PEN, GPT, NVL, SSA, SVH, WHL, DAO, BAL, VNS, SYN, MDH, BTM, HSP, ATL, GPP, BHM, JSL, RDR, MLC, AGT, AAY, RHW, MMS, JIV, ABP, SDM, LCC