food interaction for M CIN
alcohol interaction for M CIN
pregnancy interaction for M CIN
lactation interaction for M CIN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for M CIN
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for M CIN TABLET
Patients taking M CIN TABLET
- 99%Once A Day
- 1%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for M CIN
- MOXIF 400 MG TABLET(5 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 24.68/tabletRs. 123.42pay 18% more per tablet
- MAHAFLOX 400 MG TABLET(5 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 17.10/tabletRs. 85.50save 19% more per tablet
- MOXAM 400 MG TABLET(5 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 23.84/tabletRs. 119.18pay 14% more per tablet
- MOXICIP TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 24.68/tabletRs. 246.85pay 18% more per tablet
- MACFLOX TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 22.28/tabletRs. 222.79pay 6% more per tablet
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Anita SethiMBBS, MD, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Vandana SarohaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Ira ChopraMBBS, MS
- Dr. Ajay SharmaMBBS, MS
Expert advice for M CIN
- Do not crush, break or chew moxifloxacin tablets.
- Stop taking moxifloxacin and call your doctor at once if you have sudden pain, swelling, bruising, tenderness, stiffness, or movement problems in any of your joints, especially in your ankle.
- Do not breast feed your baby while taking this medication.
- Wash your hands before using the eye drops, keep the dropper tip clean.
- Do not touch the eyelids or surrounding areas with the dropper tip of the eye drop bottle to avoid contamination. Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
Frequently asked questions for M CIN
Q.Is moxifloxacin / Moxicip safe?
Yes. Moxifloxacin (also available as Moxicip) is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is moxifloxacin an antibiotic/ steroid/ penicillin / a sulfa drug?
Moxifloxacin is an antibiotic and not a steroid / penicillin / sulfa drug. It belongs to a class of drugs called fluoroquinolone antibiotics and kills a wide range of infection causing bacteria. It does not have chemical structure or effects similar to steroids. The chemical structure and mechanism of action of moxifloxacin is different from sulfa drugs
Q.Is moxifloxacin strong?
Moxifloxacin is a broad spectrum antibiotic, effective in killing a wide range of bacteria and can be used against a variety of infections (infections of sinuses, airways, lungs, genital tract, abdominal infections, and infections of skin and eye). It is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is moxifloxacin stronger than amoxicillin?
Moxifloxacin and amoxicillin are two different antibiotics effective against a wide range of infection causing bacteria and have different mechanisms of action. A comparison between moxifloxacin and amoxicillin cannot be drawn.