Information about Moxifloxacin
Moxifloxacin is used in the treatment of Bacterial eye infections. It is also used in infections of urinary tract, tonsils, sinus, nose, throat, female genital organ, skin & soft tissues and lungs (pneumonia).
How Moxifloxacin works
Moxifloxacin is an antibiotic. It works by stopping the action of a bacterial enzyme called DNA-gyrase. This prevents the bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing them.
Common side effects of Moxifloxacin
Nausea, Diarrhea, Headache, Dizziness, Vomiting, Abdominal pain, Eye discomfort, Dry eye, Prolonged QT interval, Hyperemia
Available Medicine for Moxifloxacin
₹18 to ₹3695 variant(s)
MahafloxMankind Pharma Ltd
₹85 to ₹2195 variant(s)
MoxifTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹157 to ₹2672 variant(s)
MoximacMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹37 to ₹2843 variant(s)
MilfloxSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
MoxamAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹9 to ₹2624 variant(s)
ApdropsAjanta Pharma Ltd
₹83 to ₹1842 variant(s)
₹61 to ₹922 variant(s)
₹68 to ₹2775 variant(s)
Expert advice for Moxifloxacin
- You have been prescribed Moxifloxacin for the treatment of bacterial infections of the eye.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute, immediately after instilling the medication.
- Do not touch the tip to any surface, or to your eye, to avoid contamination.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- It may cause short-term blurring of vision when first used. Use caution before driving or using machines.
- Do not wear contact lenses until your infection clears up.
- Make sure to use it within 4 weeks of opening the medication.