Information about Moxifloxacin
Available Medicine for Moxifloxacin
- ₹16 to ₹278Cipla Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹272Alcon Laboratories1 variant(s)
- ₹49 to ₹182Mankind Pharma Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹123 to ₹267Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹9 to ₹239Alkem Laboratories Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹105Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹58 to ₹119Ajanta Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹117Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹42 to ₹64FDC Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹227 to ₹240Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Moxifloxacin
Do consult your doctor before taking moxifloxacin, if you are pregnant or planning of becoming pregnant.
- Do not crush, break or chew moxifloxacin tablets.
- Stop taking moxifloxacin and call your doctor at once if you have sudden pain, swelling, bruising, tenderness, stiffness, or movement problems in any of your joints, especially in your ankle.
- Do not breast feed your baby while taking this medication.
- Wash your hands before using the eye drops, keep the dropper tip clean.
- Do not touch the eyelids or surrounding areas with the dropper tip of the eye drop bottle to avoid contamination. Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
Frequently asked questions for Moxifloxacin
Q. Is moxifloxacin stronger than amoxicillin?
Moxifloxacin and amoxicillin are two different antibiotics effective against a wide range of infection causing bacteria and have different mechanisms of action. A comparison between moxifloxacin and amoxicillin cannot be drawn.
Q. Is moxifloxacin strong?
Moxifloxacin is a broad spectrum antibiotic, effective in killing a wide range of bacteria and can be used against a variety of infections (infections of sinuses, airways, lungs, genital tract, abdominal infections, and infections of skin and eye). It is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is moxifloxacin an antibiotic/ steroid/ penicillin / a sulfa drug?
Moxifloxacin is an antibiotic and not a steroid / penicillin / sulfa drug. It belongs to a class of drugs called fluoroquinolone antibiotics and kills a wide range of infection causing bacteria. It does not have chemical structure or effects similar to steroids. The chemical structure and mechanism of action of moxifloxacin is different from sulfa drugs
Q. Is moxifloxacin / Moxicip safe?
Yes. Moxifloxacin (also available as Moxicip) is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor