Information about Moxifloxacin
Moxifloxacin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is also used in infections of urinary tract, tonsils, sinus, nose, throat, female genital organ, skin and soft tissues, windpipe and lungs (pneumonia).
How moxifloxacin works
Moxifloxacin is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from reproducing and repairing themselves. This treats your infection.
Common side effects of moxifloxacin
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Moxifloxacin
- ₹128 to ₹267Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹109Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹9 to ₹263Alkem Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹232 to ₹277Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹111 to ₹200Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹228 to ₹236MSN Laboratories2 variant(s)
- ₹120Tulip Lab Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹13Ajanta Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹217 to ₹280Venus Remedies Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹390Johnlee Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Moxifloxacin
- Your doctor has prescribed Moxifloxacin to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Discontinue Moxifloxacin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Moxifloxacin
Q. Is moxifloxacin stronger than amoxicillin?
Moxifloxacin and amoxicillin are two different antibiotics effective against a wide range of infection causing bacteria and have different mechanisms of action. A comparison between moxifloxacin and amoxicillin cannot be drawn.
Q. Is Moxifloxacin strong?
Moxifloxacin is a broad spectrum antibiotic, effective in killing a wide range of bacteria and can be used against a variety of infections (infections of sinuses, airways, lungs, genital tract, abdominal infections, and infections of skin and eye). It is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is moxifloxacin an antibiotic/ steroid/ penicillin / a sulfa drug?
Moxifloxacin is an antibiotic and not a steroid / penicillin / sulfa drug. It belongs to a class of drugs called fluoroquinolone antibiotics and kills a wide range of infection causing bacteria. It does not have chemical structure or effects similar to steroids. The chemical structure and mechanism of action of moxifloxacin is different from sulfa drugs
Q. Is Moxifloxacin / Moxicip safe?
Yes. Moxifloxacin (also available as Moxicip) is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor