Information about Moxifloxacin
Moxifloxacin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is also used in infections of urinary tract, tonsils, sinus, nose, throat, female genital organ, skin & soft tissues and lungs (pneumonia).
How Moxifloxacin works
Moxifloxacin is an antibiotic. It works by stopping the action of a bacterial enzyme called DNA-gyrase. This prevents the bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing them.
Common side effects of Moxifloxacin
Nausea, Diarrhea, Headache, Dizziness
Available Medicine for Moxifloxacin
₹18 to ₹3355 variant(s)
MahafloxMankind Pharma Ltd
₹71 to ₹2195 variant(s)
MoxifTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹138 to ₹2672 variant(s)
MoximacMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹37 to ₹2773 variant(s)
MilfloxSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
MoxamAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹9 to ₹2624 variant(s)
ApdropsAjanta Pharma Ltd
₹76 to ₹1552 variant(s)
₹51 to ₹762 variant(s)
₹68 to ₹2775 variant(s)
Expert advice for Moxifloxacin
- Your doctor has prescribed Moxifloxacin to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Discontinue Moxifloxacin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.