food interaction for LYSIBAY
alcohol interaction for LYSIBAY
pregnancy interaction for LYSIBAY
lactation interaction for LYSIBAY
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LYSIBAY
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for LYSIBAY
- GLUCOBAY 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Bayer Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 11.70/tabletRs. 117pay 66% more per tablet
- GLUCAR 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 10.72/tabletRs. 107.20pay 52% more per tablet
- REBOSE 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 9.70/tabletRs. 97pay 37% more per tablet
- DIABOSE 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 11.70/tabletRs. 117pay 66% more per tablet
- RECARB 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Bal Pharma LtdRs. 8.70/tabletRs. 87pay 23% more per tablet
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Manoj KumarMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Neelima MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. J. K. SharmaMBBS, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for LYSIBAY
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. A planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Acarbose is administered orally and should be chewed with the first mouthful of food, or swallowed whole with a little liquid directly before the meal.
- Acarbose does not help patients who have type 1 diabetes.
- Notify your doctor if you are or are planning to become pregnant.
Frequently asked questions for LYSIBAY
Q.Is acarbose/Glucobay a protein?
No, acarbose is not a protein; it is a complex oligosaccharide (sugar)
Q.Is acarbose safe?
Acarbose is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Does acarbose cause weight fluctuations?
Acarbose when combined with low calorie diet and exercise may cause weight loss. Acarbose generally does not cause weight gain when taken as prescribed
Q.Does acarbose cause hypoglycemia?
Acarbose does not cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) if taken as prescribed. However, low blood sugar can occur if you take acarbose with another blood sugar lowering medicine, delay or miss a meal or snack, exercise more than usual or drink alcohol
Q.How long does acarbose last?
Generally, the effect of acarbose lasts up to 3-5 hours, however it may vary depending on the individual taking the medicine.