Information about Bortezomib
How Bortezomib works
Bortezomib is an anti-cancer medication. It works by blocking or slowing the breakdown of proteins in cells. As a result, there is an increase in a number of proteins in the cancer cells leading to their death.
Common side effects of Bortezomib
Low blood platelets, Fatigue, Peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness of feet and hand), Psychiatric disturbances, Nausea, Vomiting, Loss of appetite, Fever, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Diarrhea, Decreased appetite, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Constipation
Available Medicine for Bortezomib
BortenatNatco Pharma Ltd
₹4140 to ₹113002 variant(s)
MyezomDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹13125 to ₹185222 variant(s)
BorvizIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹4522 to ₹124993 variant(s)
BiocureEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
BorteroHetero Drugs Ltd
₹12000 to ₹170002 variant(s)
₹18060 to ₹543502 variant(s)
BortecadCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
OrtezZuventus Healthcare Ltd
BortetrustPanacea Biotec Ltd
Expert advice for Bortezomib
- Bortezomib is given as an injection into veins or skin under the supervision of a healthcare professional.
- Do not skip any dose and complete the course as suggested by your doctor.
- Use an effective method of birth control to avoid pregnancy while taking this medication.
- You may need to have blood tests to monitor your blood cells, platelets count, liver function and kidney function during treatment.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you experience coughing, shortness of breath and swelling of feet.