food interaction for LOPAGUT
alcohol interaction for LOPAGUT
pregnancy interaction for LOPAGUT
lactation interaction for LOPAGUT
medicine interaction for LOPAGUT
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR LOPAGUT
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR LOPAGUT
- LOPAMIDE 2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.85/tabletRs. 18.50pay 23% more per tablet
- ANDIAL 2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Veritaz Healthcare LtdRs. 1.92/tabletRs. 19.21pay 28% more per tablet
- RIDOL 2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Gufic Bioscience LtdRs. 1.25/tabletRs. 12.50save 17% more per tablet
- SESTIL AD 2MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Vanguard Therapeutics Pvt LtdRs. 2.18/tabletRs. 21.79pay 45% more per tablet
- LORAMYL 2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Adonis Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 2.62/tabletRs. 26.18pay 75% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR LOPAGUT
- Consult your doctor if you have diarrhea lasting for more than 48 hours.
- Don't use if you have blood in your stool or it's dark or black in color.
- The drug can make you dizzy or drowzy. Avoid driving or operating any heavy machinery when taking this drug.
- Try to drink plenty of fluids. Having diarrhea can make you dehydrated.
- Do not take loperamide if you are allergic to it.
- Do not take this drug if you have blood in your stools or if your stools are dark or black in colour.
- Do not take this drug if you are severly constipated.
Frequently asked questions FOR LOPAGUT
Q. Is Loperamide safe?
Loperamide is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side effects, consult your doctor
Q. What is loperamide/Imodium/Eldoper used for?
Loperamide/Imodium/Eldoper is used for treating short-term or long-term diarrhea, with or without any associated disease
Q. Can it be used for IBS?
It may be used in few cases of IBS but please consult your doctor before its use
Q. Can I take loperamide with antibiotics, paracetamol, ibuprofen, omeprazole, ciprofloxacin, desmopressin, ritonavir, quinidine or cotrimoxazole?
Loperamide may be taken simultaneously with antibiotics, paracetamol, ibuprofen, omiprazole or ciprofloxacin. Loperamide might interact with desmopressin, ritonavir, quinidine or cotrimoxazole. Please consult your doctor before use
Q. Does loperamide help in opiate withdrawal?
Loperamide is used in higher doses as a part of opiate withdrawal process. However, do consult your doctor regarding the same
Q. Is loperamide addictive?
No. Loperamide is a safe and non-addictive anti-diarrheal drug
Q. Is it banned or available as over-the-counter drug?
It is not banned but available over the counter in India
Q. Can loperamide/ Impodium be used for stomach cramps, nausea, stomach flu, rota virus diarrhea and gas?
Loperamide may benefit few cases of stomach cramps or nausea associated with diarrhea. It is sometimes used for stomach flu, rota virus diarrhea. It is not used for gas. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug.