Information about Camostat
Camostat is used for chronic pancreatitis.
How camostat works
Camostat belongs to a class of medications called oral protease inhibitors. It works by inhibiting the activity of digestive enzymes involved in acid secretion and the activity of certain compounds involved in inflammation, thereby relieving the reflux of acid and inflammation of the pancreas.
Common side effects of camostat
Nausea, Rash, Abnormal liver function tests, Diarrhea, Increased potassium level in blood, Itching, Jaundice, Low blood platelets, Liver disorder, Gastrointestinal discomfort
Available Medicine for Camostat
- ₹125Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Camostat
- Camostat is not recommended for treatment of severe chronic pancreatitis that requires suction of gastric juice and/or dietary restrictions such as fasting or in patients with postoperative reflux esophagitis due to reflux of gastric juice.
- Do not continue camostat treatment for postoperative reflux esophagitis for long-term if you do not observe any benefit from the treatment.
- Do not consume this drug if you are allergic to camostat or any of its ingredients.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.