Information about Camostat
Camostat is used for chronic pancreatitis.
How camostat works
Camostat belongs to a class of medications called oral protease inhibitors. It works by inhibiting the activity of digestive enzymes involved in acid secretion and the activity of certain compounds involved in inflammation, thereby relieving the reflux of acid and inflammation of the pancreas.
Common side effects of camostat
Nausea, Rash, Abnormal liver function tests, Diarrhea, Increased potassium level in blood, Itching, Jaundice, Low blood platelets, Liver disorder, Gastrointestinal discomfort
Available Medicine for Camostat
- ₹125Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Camostat
- Take it as per dose and duration suggested by your doctor.
- Do not skip any dose and finish the complete course even if you feel better.
- You may be asked for regular blood tests to check for liver function while on treatment.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.