Information about Ulinastatin
Ulinastatin is used in the treatment of severe sepsis.
How ulinastatin works
Ulinastatin blocks the chemicals (digestive enzymes) which helps in digestion and also reduces the chemicals involved in inflammation of the pancreas.
Common side effects of ulinastatin
Infusion site itching, Infusion site inflammation, Pain, Allergic reaction, Increased liver enzymes
Available Medicine for Ulinastatin
- ₹2700Bharat Serums & Vaccines Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2795Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2125Abbott1 variant(s)
- ₹1700Bharat Serums & Vaccines Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1625Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹3350Vinder Pharma1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ulinastatin
- Ulinastatin should not be used as a replacement to standard therapy for shocks (transfusion, oxygen therapy and antibiotics).
- Ulinastatin should be administered with caution if you have a history of allergy.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Ulinastatin
Q. Is Ulinastatin safe?
Ulinastatin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. What is Ulinastatin used for?
Ulinastatin is used for treating acute and chronic inflammation of pancreas (pancreatitis), septic conditions, trauma or inflammation post-surgery.