Medicine Overview of Lithosan Tablet SR
Side effects of Lithosan Tablet SR
Tremor, Slurred speech, Uncoordinated body movements, Nausea, Acne, Increased white blood cell count, Memory impairment, Hair loss, Enlarged thyroid gland, Skin rash, Increased thirst, Weight gain, Polyuria, Diarrhoea.
How to use Lithosan Tablet SR
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Lithosan 400mg Tablet SR is to be taken with food.
How Lithosan Tablet SR works
Lithosan 400mg tablet sr works by suppressing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
In Depth Information on Lithosan Tablet SR
Expert advice for Lithosan Tablet SR
- Your doctor may ask you to continue Lithosan for a long time. You must not stop taking it or change the dose, without speaking to your doctor first.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. If it is within 4 hours of the next dose, skip the missed dose (about 6 hours in the case of extended- or slow-release preparations). Never double up doses.
- Despite your inconvenience and discomfort, your Lithosan blood levels, thyroid function, and kidney function need to be monitored as long as you take Lithosan.
- During treatment with Lithosan, it is recommended that you drink about 2 to 3 liter of fluid daily and use normal amounts of salt. Inform your doctor if you start or stop a low-salt diet.
- Avoid sudden change in your diet or fluid intake. If you do go on a diet, your doctor may need to increase the frequency of blood tests.
- Do not start any medicine including herbal or ayurvedic without telling your doctor. As it may significantly change the Lithosan levels.
- Caffeine and alcohol act as diuretics and can lower your Lithosan concentrations.
- If you engage in vigorous exercise or have an illness that causes sweating, vomiting, or diarrhoea, consult your doctor because these might affect Lithosan levels.
- Nausea, constipation, shakiness, increased thirst, frequent urination, weight gain, or swelling of the extremities should be reported to your doctor. Your doctor may adjust the dose.
- Blurred vision, confusion, loss of appetite, diarrhoea, vomiting, muscle weakness, lethargy, shakiness, slurred speech, dizziness, loss of balance, inability to urinate, or seizure could indicate severe toxicity and should prompt immediate medical attention.
Special precautions for Lithosan 400mg Tablet SR
Lithosan 400mg Tablet SR may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Lithosan 400mg Tablet SR is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Lithosan 400mg Tablet SR is probably safe to use during lact+more
ation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
Lithosan 400mg Tablet SR may make you feel sleepy, tired or dizzy. Lithosan 400mg Tablet SR may also cause other effects that can make it dangerous to drive such as numbness, paralysis, weakness or fits (seizures)....
Lithosan 400mg Tablet SR may make you feel sleepy, tired or dizzy. Lithosan 400mg Tablet SR may also cause other effects that can make it dangerous to drive such as numbness, paralysis, weakness or fits (seizures).
Lithosan 400mg Tablet SR should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Lithosan 400mg Tablet SR may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Lithosan 400mg Tablet SR is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease....
Use of Lithosan 400mg Tablet SR is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Lithosan 400mg Tablet SR is probably safe to use in patients+more
with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Lithosan 400mg Tablet SR may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Eurythmic 150mg Injection, Ramihart 5mg Capsule, Olmeblu 20mg Tablet, Risperdal 3 Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Lithosan 400mg Tablet SR
Frequently asked questions for Lithium
Lithosan can be taken to treat depression and anxiety. Do consult your doctor before use
Acetaminophen or aspirin can be taken with Lithosan for headache or pain. Do consult your doctor before use
Q. Can I take lithium with ibuprofen, Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Benadryl?
Lithium when taken with ibuprofen, fluoxetine (Prozac), paroxetine (Paxil), sertraline (Zoloft) or Benadryl can lead to increased side effects. Do consult your doctor before use
Lithosan can cause weight gain, acne, constipation, make you tired. Lithosan does not make you high.
User Submitted Feedback For Lithosan 400mg Tablet SR
Patients taking Lithosan 400mg Tablet SR
Twice A Day
Once A Day
Survey Participants: 2
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Lithosan 400mg Tablet SR. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Substitutes for Lithosan Tablet SR
Lithic 400mg Tablet SR
Icon Life Sciences
Lithonex 400mg Tablet SR
Theo Pharma Pvt Ltd
Lithopik 400mg Tablet SR
Aarpik Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Lalithium 400mg Tablet XR
Lithoril 400mg Tablet SR
Reliance Formulation Pvt Ltd