Sibutramine is used in obesity
How it works
Sibutramine decreases the appetite and reduces the food intake.
Common side effects
Nausea, Acute toxicity, Joint pain, Constipation, Dry mouth, Dizziness, Headache, Increased appetite, Loss of appetite, Rash, Running nose, Sleepiness, Sore throat, Stomach upset, Weakness
• Always take sibutramine in the morning.
• Always follow dietary and exercise recommendation by your doctor.
• Seek immediate medical attention if you experience any heart complaints anxiety, confusion, excessive sweating, fast heart, disorientation, tremor or any abnormal symptom.
• Do not drive or operate machinery as sibutramine may cause drowsiness or dizziness.
• Do not consume alcohol while taking sibutramine as it may increase chances of drowsiness.
• Should not be given to patients allergic to sibutramine or any of its ingredients.
• Should not be given to elderly patients and children.
• Should not be given to patients with any heart complaints or high blood pressure.
• Should not be given to patients with any eating disorders.
• Should not be given to patients with severe liver or kidney disease.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is sibutramine addictive?
Sibutramine, when taken beyond the prescription period or at high doses may cause addiction. Please follow your doctor's advice for the duration and dose of sibutramine
Q. Is sibutramine available in India?
Sibutramine has been withdrawn in India
Q. Does sibutramine cause hair loss?
Sibutramine is not known to cause hair loss. Pease consult your doctor if you experience any such effect.