Information about Acetazolamide
Acetazolamide is used in the treatment of glaucoma.
How acetazolamide works
Acetazolamide reduces the formation of aqueous humor (fluid in the eye), which in turn lowers high pressure in the eye.
Common side effects of acetazolamide
Decreased potassium level in blood, Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation), Drowsiness, Kidney stone
Available Medicine for Acetazolamide
- ₹52Pfizer Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹43FDC Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹56Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹34 to ₹64Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹34Jawa Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹54Sunways India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹38Pharmtak Ophtalmics India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹42Optica Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹34Hicare Pharma1 variant(s)
- ₹7Search Orbis Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
Frequently asked questions for Acetazolamide
Q. Does Acetazolamide cause weight loss?
No, Acetazolamide does not causes weight loss
Q. Does Acetazolamide cause kidney stones?
Yes, Acetazolamide has potential to cause kidney stones.