Medicine Overview of Lithex Tablet SR
Side effects of Lithex Tablet SR
Tremor, Slurred speech, Uncoordinated body movements, Nausea, Acne, Increased white blood cell count, Memory impairment, Hair loss, Enlarged thyroid gland, Skin rash, Increased thirst, Weight gain, Polyuria, Diarrhoea.
How to use Lithex Tablet SR
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Lithex 400mg Tablet SR is to be taken with food.
How Lithex Tablet SR works
Lithex 400mg Tablet SR works by suppressing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
In Depth Information on Lithex Tablet SR
Expert advice for Lithex Tablet SR
- Your doctor may ask you to continue Lithex for a long time. You must not stop taking it or change the dose, without speaking to your doctor first.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. If it is within 4 hours of the next dose, skip the missed dose (about 6 hours in the case of extended- or slow-release preparations). Never double up doses.
- Despite your inconvenience and discomfort, your Lithex blood levels, thyroid function, and kidney function need to be monitored as long as you take Lithex.
- During treatment with Lithex, it is recommended that you drink about 2 to 3 liter of fluid daily and use normal amounts of salt. Inform your doctor if you start or stop a low-salt diet.
- Avoid sudden change in your diet or fluid intake. If you do go on a diet, your doctor may need to increase the frequency of blood tests.
- Do not start any medicine including herbal or ayurvedic without telling your doctor. As it may significantly change the Lithex levels.
- Caffeine and alcohol act as diuretics and can lower your Lithex concentrations.
- If you engage in vigorous exercise or have an illness that causes sweating, vomiting, or diarrhoea, consult your doctor because these might affect Lithex levels.
- Nausea, constipation, shakiness, increased thirst, frequent urination, weight gain, or swelling of the extremities should be reported to your doctor. Your doctor may adjust the dose.
- Blurred vision, confusion, loss of appetite, diarrhoea, vomiting, muscle weakness, lethargy, shakiness, slurred speech, dizziness, loss of balance, inability to urinate, or seizure could indicate severe toxicity and should prompt immediate medical attention.
Lithex Tablet SR related warnings
Special precautions for Lithex Tablet SR
Lithex 400mg Tablet SR may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Lithex 400mg Tablet SR is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Lithex 400mg Tablet SR is probably safe to use during lactat+more
ion. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
Lithex 400mg Tablet SR may make you feel sleepy, tired or dizzy. Lithex 400mg Tablet SR may also cause other effects that can make it dangerous to drive such as numbness, paralysis, weakness or fits (seizures)....
Lithex 400mg Tablet SR may make you feel sleepy, tired or dizzy. Lithex 400mg Tablet SR may also cause other effects that can make it dangerous to drive such as numbness, paralysis, weakness or fits (seizures).
Lithex 400mg Tablet SR should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Lithex 400mg Tablet SR may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Lithex 400mg Tablet SR is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease....
Use of Lithex 400mg Tablet SR is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Lithex 400mg Tablet SR is probably safe to use in patients w+more
ith liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Lithex 400mg Tablet SR may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Eurythmic 150mg Injection, Ramihart 5mg Capsule, Olmesar 20mg Tablet, Olmeblu 20mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions about Lithex Tablet SR
Frequently asked questions about Lithium
Lithex can be taken to treat depression and anxiety. Do consult your doctor before use
Acetaminophen or aspirin can be taken with Lithex for headache or pain. Do consult your doctor before use
Q. Can I take lithium with ibuprofen, Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Benadryl?
Lithium when taken with ibuprofen, fluoxetine (Prozac), paroxetine (Paxil), sertraline (Zoloft) or Benadryl can lead to increased side effects. Do consult your doctor before use
Lithex can cause weight gain, acne, constipation, make you tired. Lithex does not make you high.
Substitutes for Lithex Tablet SR
Lithic 400mg Tablet SR
Icon Life Sciences
Lithopik 400mg Tablet SR
Aarpik Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Lithoril 400mg Tablet SR
Reliance Formulation Pvt Ltd
Litman 400mg Tablet SR
Carbolith 400mg Tablet SR