food interaction for LI
alcohol interaction for LI
pregnancy interaction for LI
lactation interaction for LI
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LI
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for LI
- LITHIC 450MG TABLET SR(10 tablet sr in strip)Icon Life SciencesRs. 4.20/tablet srRs. 42pay 38% more per tablet sr
- MANICARB 450MG TABLET SR(10 tablet sr in strip)Psychotropics India LtdRs. 3.25/tablet srRs. 32.50pay 7% more per tablet sr
- LITHICAB 450MG TABLET SR(10 tablet sr in strip)Tas Med India Pvt LtdRs. 3.56/tablet srRs. 35.61pay 17% more per tablet sr
- CARBOLITH 450MG TABLET SR(10 tablet sr in strip)PsycormediesRs. 3.88/tablet srRs. 38.75pay 28% more per tablet sr
- LITCA 450MG TABLET SR(10 tablet sr in strip)D D PharmaceuticalsRs. 2.40/tablet srRs. 24save 21% more per tablet sr
- Dr. Anurag MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Deepak RahejaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Puneet DwevediMBBS, MD
- Dr. T. BansalMBBS
- Dr. Jyoti Kapoor MadanMBBS, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for LI
- Do not start lithium and consult your doctor if you have kidney or heart problems, have infection, feel sick, have been sick or have diarrhea.
- Tell your doctor if you get the thoughts of killing yourself.
- Lithium is not recommended in children below 12 years of age.
- You should take effective contraceptive measures while on lithium treatment.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machineries while on lithium treatment, as it can cause drowsiness and can slow your reactions.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for LI
Q.Can I take lithium for depression, anxiety?
Lithium can be taken to treat depression and anxiety. Do consult your doctor before use
Q.What can I take with lithium for a headache or pain?
Acetaminophen or aspirin can be taken with lithium for headache or pain. Do consult your doctor before use
Q.Can I take lithium with ibuprofen, Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Benadryl?
Lithium when taken with ibuprofen, fluoxetine (Prozac), paroxetine (Paxil), sertraline (Zoloft) or Benadryl can lead to increased side effects. Do consult your doctor before use
Q.Does lithium cause weight gain, acne, constipation, make you tired or make you high?
Lithium can cause weight gain, acne, constipation, make you tired. Lithium does not make you high.